News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Get The City's Bureaucrats Under Control

Started by jay, May 25, 2009, 01:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

irishbobcat i check out the website i found the prices are reasonable for the quality  of clothing that this company offers. if you buy a couple items you are over one hundred dollars thus you have free shipping. you can go to any local retail store and buy the same items at the same price but they are made in foreign countries thus not helping the union worker.

iwasthere

the shoe warehouse on midlithian blvd(the old big lots store) has some made in usa clothing items.

sfc_oliver

Just had to check, The brown Army tee shirts are made by Skilcraft.

For those who do not know Skilcraft is a trade name for National Industries for the Blind.

Had me worried there for just a second.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Why?Town

For kicks I just checked the Hershey Park T-shirt I'm wearing right now.

It's assembled in Honduras of U.S.A. fabric. How nice of them!

Why?Town

Didn't make it out to Shirt Wizard until today.

Our JERZEES brand troop T-shirts are proudly Hecho en El Slavador. :'(

I wonder if it's even possible to find T-shirts made in the USA?

jay

You have a very good idea.   It would also help to generate more customers for participating businesses. 

I hope the Downtown Events Coordinator can make of list of businesses who would be willing to offer some discount coupons to give to volunteers in the future.

Towntalk

Rather than Tee-Shirts what about packets of coupons redeemable at businesses in Youngstown?

jay

I didn't ask where the shirts were printed.  I know there are several shirt printers in the city.  Trinkle's, a small sign shop, is located in downtown Youngstown on Fifth Avenue between Federal and Commerce.  This business has been in downtown Youngstown for decades.

I doubt if the bureaucrat asked for American made shirts.
If the American made T-shirts cost more, they should have reduced the size of the order. 

If the city won't buy American made shirts, then maybe we shouldn't buy any shirts.  Most people have too many T-shirts anyway.

Why?Town

Just because the shirts said "Made in Haiti" doesn't mean they were printed there, It's quite doubtful that they weren't printed locally.

Does The Shirt Wizard actually manufacture shirts?

I'll find out soon enough, I'm going there this week to buy a couple of Boy Scout T-shirts and will report back.

john r. swierz

Jay's point was more to the fact that the shirt was made in Haiti, not that it was bought by someone from the valley. Not that I object to paying more, but probably a shirt made in USA would have cost more.  Maybe the budget was small, I don't have that answer.

Towntalk

There is a business right here in the valley that could have supplied those shirts:

The Shirt Wizard
685 Boardman Canfield Road

This business might not be inside the city but it is a "local" business and not from Hati or China.

jay

A T-shirt given to a volunteer at the Youngstown Litter Control's City-Wide Cleanup was made in Haiti.  When will our city fathers insist that our tax dollars be used to buy American made products?