News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Photos - Jazz Festival

Started by jay, July 11, 2008, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defend Youngstown

Thanks! More to come. Stay tuned...

PK

ForumManager

QuoteFor more info, visit www.YtownEvents.info.
Phil, The events  website is looking good. It just gets better and better.

Defend Youngstown

Thanks guys. I thought the event went great as well. Special thanks also goes out to Jeff Green (from the Unit) for helping recruit the great musical talent in Matt Korey and Billy Beck, Phil Moore from the Mahoning County CVB for putting up over $3,000 of his dollars for entertainment related costs and George Case/Bob Schott/B&O Station for doing a great catering job. I've heard nothing but positive comments from folks who attended. Jay is right in that we'll need to take a looking at addressing the old Salvation Army site to accomodate for overflow parking. The problem we have is that that land is now WRTA propery and they are responsible for its maintaining it. However, given their finical situation, the vacant lot is not a major priority at present. With that aside, I believe we found our new location for out annual Downtown Jazz Fest. Be sure to stop down the same location for the Sunday afternoon Jazz series (3-6pm) beginning this Sunday. For more info, visit www.YtownEvents.info.

PK

Mary_Krupa

This event was really nice--perfect summer evening, lovely setting, nice crowd, great music (just a bit too loud).  If Phil Kidd organized this he deserves a big thanks!!!! :'(
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

ytowner

jay

The crowd was so large that cars were parking on the property of the former Salvation Army Building on Mahoning Avenue.

This property is full of demolition material and is not suitable for parking.  I feel the city should remove the debris from the lot and then cover it with a fine gravel.  If this lot continues to be used for overflow parking, the city should consider paving it.

jay

The Unit band played from the deck overlooking the Mahoning River.

jay

Hundreds attended the Jazz Festival at the B&O Station complex this evening.