News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Dash - Thursday, July 3

Started by jay, June 24, 2008, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

PK

Rain is in the forcast for Thursday.
How often will the trolley run during the Downtown Dash?

Defend Youngstown

Right now, 14 firm (with 3 additional that have expressed interest and will confirm by tomorrow one way or another). Those who complete the route will earn their shirt!!!

Glenna

Just out of curiosity how many establishments are on the route ?

Defend Youngstown

Answer for Jay:

To recieve a t-shirt, you must visit each establishment on the route and make a purchase of at least $2.00 each location (most commonly a beverage of some kind), however, you will be given vouchers good for $2.00 at 3 randomly selected locations. Due to the overwhelming number of establishments that want to participate, next year, we will up the ticket fee and include more vouchers (perhaps every location).

Fireworks and music will remain free to the public. Rosetta Stone is now interested in providing vending on site in Central Square to the general public, so, you may see the brand new R. Stone trailer next Thurs.

Second question:

Sign up will be from 5-7pm, so, you will be good to go. I'll hang around longer in the event we folks who would still like to participate or might be a little late getting to sign up. No worries.

PK

Glenna

Does anyone know if you can start around 6:30 or 7:00? I see the time is 5:00pm. However, I have to work until  6:00. I was just wondering.
thanks

jay

Do I understand this correctly?

One does not have to visit every participating business.  Only visit the businesses on the voucher which is given to you when you sign in on July 3.

Defend Youngstown

UPDATE: On your route stop, Charlie Staples BBQ will accept a purchase of a BBQ sandwich as an offical "visit"/punch on your card. Vouchers will be good for this (if C. Staples should be one of your vouchers)

Defend Youngstown

I don't know why 21 mentioned food specifically. There was nothing mentioned about food in my press release (although many locations will have food out for Dash participants). I can tell you that the city cannot promote alcohol consumption, therefore,  "drink vouchers" could not technically be listed, so...

However, if you want to buy a $2.00 Coke, you are well within your Dash rights.

jay

Is the voucher for drinks or for food?

jay

1ST ANNUAL
DOWNTOWN DASH & FIREWORKS SHOW

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

The City of Youngstown, The Youngstown Business Incubator, and M7 Technologies are proud to present the 1st Annual Downtown Dash and Fireworks Show Thursday, July 3rd,  5:00 p.m.-12 Midnight in Downtown Youngstown!

Enjoy downtown in its entirety as we feature a variety of downtown establishments! Shuttle transportation will be provided throughout the evening - Fireworks show will take place at 10:00 p.m. from the Chevy Centre parking lot with music to follow in Central Square by local bands The Zou and Jones For Revival.

Proceeds benefit Youngstown CityScape, a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the beautification of the greater downtown Youngstown area.

Tickets are $10 and include:
3 Vouchers (good for up to $2 per location)
1st Annual Downtown Dash Button
Shuttle Transportation
Route Map to Include Participating Establishments
"Champion" T-shirts (If Dash Completed)

Purchase your tickets at any of the following participating locations and present at Central Square sign-in table: Cafe Cimmento, Martini's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Barley's, Rosetta Stone, Imbibe, Draught House, Boxcar Lounge and Cafe, University Pizzeria, Royal Oaks Bar & Grille.