News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Looking For A New Finance Director

Started by jay, December 20, 2018, 05:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

TB made a campaign promise that all his appointees will come from current qualified Youngstown residents. What happened to this promise?

Why?Town

Quote from: northside lurker on December 22, 2018, 09:49:21 AM
The income tax is somewhat irrelevant, because they're still working in the city.  It would only make a difference if the spouse works outside of the city.

You are right about that. What was I thinking?

northside lurker

Quote from: Why?Town on December 21, 2018, 07:21:18 AM
I bet that most, if not all of them were some of the highest paid employees left living in the city and the income tax was one of the heaviest straws that broke those camels backs.

The income tax is somewhat irrelevant, because they're still working in the city.  It would only make a difference if the spouse works outside of the city.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the income tax.  Anywhere I'd want to live in Ohio, is going to have an income tax of at least 2%, anyway.  And, since I make a decent living, 2.75% is not at all a financial hardship.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Dan yemma the Mahoning County Treasurer should have his head examined to even think once about becoming the Youngstown City Financial director. The city is on a crash landing and will be taken over by the state before this current Administration is done in its first term.

Why?Town

I bet that most, if not all of them were some of the highest paid employees left living in the city and the income tax was one of the heaviest straws that broke those camels backs.

jay

I've been told that one applicant lives in Struthers.

The State of Ohio overturned the City of Youngstown's Charter residency provision several years ago.  When this happened, many city employees moved out of the city.   Most city employees today don't even live in the city.

Why?Town

I don't know where they live. I do wonder if anyone that works for the city has to live there.

jay

Almost a year into the Brown administration and the city still does not have a finance director.

Four people have applied for the job.

Do any on the four applicants actually live in the City of Youngstown?