News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Lily Pond

Started by JoyceFarrell, May 13, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

And again there are the answers. Thank you again  JoyceFarrell!  :-*

Why?Town

I wish my memory was where it used to be. I forgot all about the lake that had a problem and now that I've been reminded it happened I still don't remember which lake it was or what caused the problem.

JoyceFarrell

Which one of the Lakes did they have a serious problem with some time ago with fish dying and the water unsafe? Could that be what is happening at the Lily Pond?

Why?Town

And there are the answers. Thank you JoyceFarrell!  :)

I believe the letter but have to wonder where the "pollution" is coming from. It would be much better to stop the stuff from getting in the pond rather than add something as unnatural, and most likely visible, as a "cleaner".

I know I've seen them before, out in the pond in the yard of someone's mansion or businesses like golf courses and whatnot. They do keep the water usable for the fish and misc animals and keep moss from covering it. Some spray high, some spray low but either way they really aren't something I would want to be distracted by when surrounded by nature in the middle of a park as great as Mill Creek.

Some of them do remind me of being taken to Eastwood Mall when I was a kid and seeing the fountains. Now I need a Hot Sam.

JoyceFarrell

Why?Town

Weird request, in my book anyway, which leads me to ask some questions:

What makes the pond dirty?

What is the dirt?

How could said dirt be removed?

Come to think of it, is the pond actually dirty?

JoyceFarrell

Photo 1

JoyceFarrell

JoyceFarrell

There was a Letter To The Editor in today's local newspaper concerning the health of the Lily Pond in Mill Creek Metro Park. The Lily Pond is a popular feature of the park. According to the letter the pond needs a good cleaning.