News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hey look! City Councilmen get unmarked police cars too!

Started by yfdgricker, February 21, 2007, 04:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggy

My question would be where did he fill it up? If it was at the city pumps that should be another problem.

yfdgricker

Opinions differ on Gillam use of police car
Story by Patricia Meade in the Youngstown Vindicator on February 21st, 2007.

YOUNGSTOWN — Councilman Artis Gillam Sr., D-1st, says using an unmarked police car to travel is standard practice but that's not another councilman's view.

"I don't know anyone on city council who has ever done it as long as I've been on for three years, just Artis to the best of my knowledge," said Councilman Mark Memmer, D-7th, chairman of the finance committee. "There's nothing in council rules prohibiting it but I just wonder if the city is liable should there be an accident."

Gillam said he told Police Chief Jimmy Hughes that he a needed a car to travel to Washington, D.C.  for a legislative conference and picked up the keys to an unmarked Dodge Intrepid from the chief's office. Gillam said the car was half full of gas so he filled it up before he left for  the conference earlier this month.