News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Gathering police reports

Started by Nicholas Serra, June 21, 2015, 03:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

I use RAIDS as well. Get the reports emailed to me.  They're pretty vague, and usually 2 days behind - you might get a report on Monday from an incident that happened Friday or Saturday. And that is IF the officer sends it into RAIDS.

But it is pretty helpful.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Nicholas Serra

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on June 21, 2015, 06:20:48 PM
I simply go into the police station downtown, go up to the 2nd floor, and as you step off the elevator there is a window ahead and to the right. Ask for the report. You must have the incident report number, and if possible, the investigating officer's badge number.

Thanks for the info. I probably won't have incident numbers though :-/

Was hoping there was a way I could be broad and get any report for an area between certain dates.

Nicholas Serra

Quote from: joly1584 on June 21, 2015, 05:24:33 PM
Are you familiar with RAIDS online?  It does not give detail, but is a nice summary of crime.  You can specificy certain types of crime within a certain radius.  It is available online or as an app.  You can also request reports being sent to you via email, again no detail just a nice summary.

Just checked it out, this is actually pretty useful, thanks!

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Nicholas Serra on June 21, 2015, 03:28:59 PM
Anyone know the process for obtaining police reports? I'd like to start gathering them bi-weekly for Rocky Ridge, just to be in the know. Not sure where I go, and what criteria I need to specify. Would be great if I could access them by street name.

I simply go into the police station downtown, go up to the 2nd floor, and as you step off the elevator there is a window ahead and to the right. Ask for the report. You must have the incident report number, and if possible, the investigating officer's badge number.
~ Normal is overrated ~

joly1584

Are you familiar with RAIDS online?  It does not give detail, but is a nice summary of crime.  You can specificy certain types of crime within a certain radius.  It is available online or as an app.  You can also request reports being sent to you via email, again no detail just a nice summary.

Nicholas Serra

Anyone know the process for obtaining police reports? I'd like to start gathering them bi-weekly for Rocky Ridge, just to be in the know. Not sure where I go, and what criteria I need to specify. Would be great if I could access them by street name.