News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Businesses Object To Downtown Street Closings

Started by Peggy Gurney, June 17, 2015, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Nicholas Serra

I'm not downplaying the issue I'm simply offering an alternative solution.

Towntalk

Peggy a visit to my facebook page would set thins' aright fer Nick. All he needs is a good dose of Andre Rieu and his band, an he'll see thins' the right ways.

Towntalk

And all the businesses along West Federal Street since they were the ones who brought the topic up in the first place. I actually couldn't care less about those events downtown. I won't lose any sleep if I miss any of them. Now when you talk about 7th Ward events that my friend is a horse of three different colors (Red - White - Blue). then you'd be a troddin' on my toes so to speak  :laugh:

Peggy Gurney

Nicholas the entire purpose of this thread is the FACT that business owners are complaining about the street closures and their businesses being blocked by these festivals. And there are many of them, all summer.  There is already 1 business leaving due to lack of convenient parking for his business, and the festivals. He's lost business over both. And another is also considering a move.

This IS an important issue, whether you deem it so or not.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Nicholas Serra

Quote from: Towntalk on June 21, 2015, 05:35:51 PM
I'm done arguing over this because no amount of common sense will make any difference with you. By 2018 this whole issue will be solved, and I doubt that even that will please  you so I suggest that you pay a visit to my facebook page where there are many topics that might interest you.

Our interpretation of "common sense" seems to differ. Both mine and your solutions would work. Not everything has one right answer, as you seem to believe.

Towntalk

I'm done arguing over this because no amount of common sense will make any difference with you. By 2018 this whole issue will be solved, and I doubt that even that will please  you so I suggest that you pay a visit to my facebook page where there are many topics that might interest you.

Nicholas Serra

Festival in the square wouldn't hinder access to anything. East federal being blocked seems worse.

Towntalk

ALL these buildings require emergency services free access ... If you want to see my gentle side I suggest that you explore my facebook page. It is jam packed with all sorts of good stuff. You can find the link to my facebook page by checking out my profile here.

Nicholas Serra

Here's a visual representation for this life or death matter

Nicholas Serra

Quote from: Towntalk on June 21, 2015, 04:07:57 PM
No offense but the problem is not solved ... Hotel coming ON THE SQUARE ... High Rise apartment buildings ... TWO OF THEM. So you would thumb your nose at the folks that live in those High Rise buildings ... your rights superceed theirs. Is that your game? Once the Ampatheater area is completed, there will be no need to block of any of the streerts and in the meantime East Front Street and East Commerce Streets would be a temporary fix. Even the Mayor agrees with that.

You're very intense all the time. "On the square" meaning within the bounds of the square and not blocking any buildings. The pedestrian walkways extend far enough out from the stambaugh, realty towers, huntington, chase, etc  to give a good margin.

Towntalk

No offense but the problem is not solved ... Hotel coming ON THE SQUARE ... High Rise apartment buildings ... TWO OF THEM. So you would thumb your nose at the folks that live in those High Rise buildings ... your rights superceed theirs. Is that your game? Once the Ampatheater area is completed, there will be no need to block of any of the streerts and in the meantime East Front Street and East Commerce Streets would be a temporary fix. Even the Mayor agrees with that.

Nicholas Serra

Keep the festivals in the square. Problem solved.

AllanY2525

New York City has a neighborhood called D.U.M.B.O.  (down under manhattan bridge overpass).
It's where the original Idora Park carousel wound up.  Youngstown should call this riverfront area
Y.U.M.B.O. (Youngstown under the Market Street Bridge Overpass)

Just kidding.... but having a catchy NAME for this area once it's developed wouldn't hurt.  Cleveland
has a waterfront area they call "The flats".  There is SO much potential for this big patch of land
and it could do a lot to draw people downtown during the warm weather months.