News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Plea for information

Started by Towntalk, June 02, 2015, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Here is a photo of the parking deck I am referring to. it abuts the Stambaugh Building and it goes all the way from East Federal mto East Commerce, and is three levels.

AllanY2525

The hotel could probably work out a deal and issue validated parking
tickets to its guests.  Volume discount, or something similar.

If a new deck were built and their prices were more reasonable, it would
force the other lots to lower their rates - or lose business.  Free enterprise
at its best.

Towntalk

Yes. If the owners see that they will lose ALL the hotel business by having the hotel buy the parking deck next to the Stambaugh Building the'll soon come around,especially if the hotel offers FREE PARKING to those staying at the hotel.

Peggy Gurney

Are you speaking of the surface parking lot that charges $5 per HOUR?
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Friend Allan makes a good point. but might I remind thee that there is a multi level parking deck right behind the Stambaugh Building and coupled with the surface parking that is right there already, it seems to me that a deal could be arranged with the owners of these two facilities to work with the hotel, and if they will not then outright buy them out.problem solved and tucked neatly in the filing cabnet of conjecture. Now isn't that simple?

AllanY2525

Hopefully the city or a private sector will build a multilevel parking deck once
the hotel is open for business.   A multilevel deck would be the best solution
because of the smaller land area it would occupy versus surface lots.

Peggy Gurney

With residential, short term stays (business people), a soon-coming hotel, and more businesses, comes the need for additional parking., They're going to HAVE to have additional parking if they have a prayer of being successful. 

However, providing additional parking is something that they are loathe to do.  At one time, they were saying, we don't need additional parking for nights and weekends because people can park in the paid lots for free after 5 pm and weekends.  Wellll............... if you've been downtown lately, you've seen more and more paid parking lots with signs that say NO FREE PARKING AFTER 5:00 PM. LOT PATROLLED 24 HRS.

Ya, good luck.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

This is fantastic news for the downtown....and the more residents there are downtown,
the more likely that there will someday be businesses like a full service grocery store,
etc.

One more small step towards that critical mass the downtown needs to grow and
thrive again.

Towntalk

With joyful heart I thank you joly and I agree with you about WKBN's report. My heart is now at rest, and I abound in happiness at the knowledge that work is moving forward on the Wick Building, for it is a positive good sign for the downtown area.

joly1584

Large cranes were lifting A/C units onto the Wick Building.  NYO Group is putting in apartments and long term suites(for out of town business people), with plans for a deli/cafe on the first floor.  They are taking pre-applications for the apartments now and expect to open August 1, 2015.

Federal was closed between Wick and Phelps-WKBN description of the road closing was awful.

Towntalk

The road on West Federal Street at the Square has been closed to traffic while repairs are being done to a building.
On bended knees (and clutching my walker with all my might) I plead for an answer to my question. What building is being worked on, and what is the nature of the work?