News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

16 North Phelps Street

Started by Towntalk, November 09, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Thank you ever so much for your help my friend. I am adding your information to my file to go with the photo.

joly1584

TT - In my meandering down Phelps Street this afternoon.  The first floor Federal Building has 3 store fronts along the Phelps Street side plus an entrance to the building.

Going from Federal you have the side of V2 Restaurant, Defend Youngstown Store(8 N Phelps Street), Ado's Alterations(no address), Hootenanny's Vintage Guitars(14 N. Phelps Street), then the  entrance to the Federal Building.  Then a "new" building starts - Commonwealth Title Agency @ 20 N Phelps Street. 

The current address of the Federal Building seems to be 100 West Federal Street - the main entrance to V2.

When the building was originally built it was occupied by Federal Savings & Loan, thus the name for the building.

joly1584

The National Register of Historic Places lists the Federal Building address as 18 North Phelps Street.  We can probably infer that 16 N. Phelps Street is part of the Federal Building, which currently houses the V2 Restaurant on the first floor and apartments on the upper floors.  I will look on Phelps when I am running errands downtown tomorrow.

Towntalk

Does anyone know with absolute certainty what is located today at 16 N. Phelps Street in downtown Youngstown?
The illustration shows who occupied this unit in 1910.