News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting

Started by Peggy Gurney, November 01, 2014, 01:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

It will be interesting to know if attendance actually did increase with the festivities moved from Saturday to Friday, since that was the purpose of the move.

~ Normal is overrated ~

joly1584

Quote from: PD on November 02, 2014, 11:25:11 AM
Good luck to all the people trying to leave work
Quote from: Lyndz on December 05, 2014, 11:46:58 PM
I hope George brought his pigeon coat today, in case he was stuck in the parking deck  :P

None of the parking decks exit directly onto Federal.  People would just need to turn towards Commerce or Front street and take an alternate route to get out of downtown.  Of course, I realize people don't like to be inconvenienced for anything.  I was off sick yesterday so I didn't see the traffic leaving work.

Lyndz

Quote from: PD on November 02, 2014, 11:25:11 AM

I hope George brought his pigeon coat today, in case he was stuck in the parking deck  :P

Peggy Gurney

Many children were not able to attend. Especially elementary school kids, due to parents working.
Those who did attend, probably hadn't had any dinner yet, so that's most likely where they were.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

I attended.

About an hour after the parade, I went to 20 Federal Place.  The venue was almost empty.  I guess most parade watchers collected their candy and then hit the road.

Peggy Gurney

We did not attend, but not because of the weather.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

How many of our wonderful members braved the nasty weather to go downtown to the Holiday Parade? For each and every one of you, may the spirit of the day pour down blessings upon you and your family.

Peggy Gurney

Unfortunately we can't attend, due to the time.
A couple of elementary schools had to decline walking in the parade because they don't get out of school until 4 pm and parents work til 5 or after.

I'm sure they'll still have a good turn-out. Ought to be interesting.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Exactly!  That'll certainly be interesting. Because the parade route goes right in front of 2 parking decks on Federal Street.
~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

Towntalk

That would work  :)  Hope the weather gods smile down upon the event and it turns out to be a great day  :D so that the little kiddies can enjoy it  ;D  and that Santa's lap holds up  :laugh: .

Peggy Gurney

Better yet, why not leave it on Saturday?  It's been on saturday for YEARS. It's a tradition.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Why couldn't it have been on a Sunday afternoon?

Peggy Gurney

A lot of people are pretty upset about this change.
~ Normal is overrated ~