News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

An Outdoor Ice Rink Would Have Worked Well This Year

Started by jay, January 26, 2014, 04:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Can you get :
Andre Rieu ... James Last ... Katherine Jenkins ... Richard Clayderman ... Paul Mauriat ... Sarah Brightman CD's and DVD's there?
Walmart has CD's and DVD's by these artists at Geo's?

jay

Towntalk

What would we do with an ice skating rink in the spring --- summer --- and fall?
By the way, we wouldn't be ill served by having a shop that sold music and movie dvd's.

Towntalk

You're welcome my friend. Have a great day, and a better tomorrow.

Towntalk

A General Store
An appliance store
A furnature store
A music store
A hardware store
An electronics store
A pharmacy
A music store
A tailoring shop

Irishbobcat

God, you people crack me up.....first you complain that downtown is nothing but bars....then Jay suggests an ice rink as a nice addition to

downtown and you shoot that idea down.....do you guys have any idea what you really want?

Towntalk

Are ice skating rinks a necessity? I don't think so. People can get along just fine without frills like this.
Since the West Side is the up and coming side of town, why don't the folks there pool their money (they seem to be so affluent) and build one themselves, then they can decide just who can, or cannot use it, that way keeping the socially unacceptable riff-raff out.

Irishbobcat

Youngstownshrimp

It goes like this, the ilk wanted the wealthy to insure every venue created, so John Gault went on strike and left the unproductive to cry about things :'( of yesterday like this.

Rick Rowlands

Why is your only answer for government to do it Jay?  You are not helpless.  Do it yourself!  They are not hard to build.  Sometimes you need to be the change you seek. 

AllanY2525

Is the pond at Crandall Park still in usable condition? 

jay

If people can build ice rinks in their own back yards, why can't we build one in downtown Youngstown or at one of our city parks?

jay

A naturally frozen outdoor ice rink would cost far less to operate than a constructed building with mechanical refrigeration.

Rick Rowlands

Well since your ilk has redlined the city of Youngstown for drilling, that fracking money is going to people like me who live outside the city and don't utilize the ice rink.