News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Petroleum Club of Youngstown"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 21, 2014, 10:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Next time you are back home, stop by and I will buy you a drink.

AllanY2525

To quote an old showbiz saying, "Knock 'em dead", Ron

:D

Youngstownshrimp

Live Jazz at Christopher's
            Every Thursday beginning tomorrow the23rd
            Featuring Dave Kana Jazz instructor Dana School of Music, Jeff Bremer, Youngstown Symphony and Ron  Eiselstein, Dana School of music, 5PM til 8PM, Ladies first drink on the house

Youngstownshrimp

Apparently this is not a bad idea on gomarcellusshale.com

AllanY2525

Sad about the Youngstown Club.   Would be nice to have more upscale
diggs downtown.

Towntalk

I like the idea of a dress code ... keeps the riff-raff away. There's always a greasy spoon diner that they can go to to pig out on junk food while their betters dine in peace.

Youngstownshrimp

Madame TT,
Your wish is our command................this Thursday at the elegant Christofers which was once the iconic "Tunnel" will play host to a 5PM sophistcated "Happy Hour."  Featuring the best of Youngstown cuisine and the music of a professional JAZZ trio with the Shrimpman and his two sidemen, Bremer of the Youngstown Symphony and Kana of the Dana school of music.  Classy Women get the first drink on the house.
You know what, since I'll be laying down the groove in Richard Mills building, I'm going to throw this idea at him, he will either laugh, or he may just run with it, I would if I had a vacant Youngstown Club!
http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/nov/15/doors-close-youngstown-tradition/

Towntalk

Now that is a place that I would enjoy dining at where I could dine with the better class, in a civilized manner. A good meal ... a good glass of fine imported wine ... civil conversation ... and an evening at a symphony concert ... followed by an after the concert cocktail or two.

Youngstownshrimp

Yes, you can laugh, yes you can ROTFLYAO.
But you can't laugh at these facts.  Youngstown as the largest urban center in the Utica wet gas zone is witnessing the $Billions of global money pouring into eastern Ohio.  Very shortly as with the 1 in 20 new millionaires in Carrol county, local landowners or you may say, all the acreage combined in Mahoning county will be generating hundreds of millions in royalties.  What will these money handlers require................a private club .........like the "Youngstown Club."
Yes the Youngstown Club, after 100 years or so of opulence is defunct and can be Youngstown's version of the iconic "Petroleum Clubs" all throughout Texas.  I predict this will soon happen and is only a matter of time.

http://www.pcoh.com/