News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"2014 the Year Youngstown Makes an Industrial Comeback"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 01, 2014, 06:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

In two an a half years since the discovery of the "Utica" in eastern Ohio, the energy companies have built 12 $billion worth of infrastructure and drilled over 1000 wells and have made Ohio/PA the second largest producer of CLEAN natural gas in the USA, next to Texas.  The new ODNR website is state-of-the-art with its "well locator" in eastern Ohio.  It is fascinating to see all the horizontal laterals in-scale, drilled in Carrol and Columbiana county and how one can observe the onslaught of wells heading into Mahoning county on there way north, so far into Mercer county.  These wells of course being drilled following new pipelines and Cryogenics plants.
And who manufactures these "seamless pipes?"  Youngstown has a rich history in manufacturing these pipes for the energy industry, as Bruce Springsteen sang, "It made you rich."  The community organizers made a deep push into Youngstown, when it was at its lowest, singing the Springsteen tune as they offered there answer to stagnation, "entitlement." As I have written on the largest landowner site in the Marcellus and Utica, do not listen to what they say (energy companies), follow the "money."
Indeed, Youngstown-I beleive with its new highly educated Mayor with a track record of production, is waking up to its new reality.  2014 will most like see a complete change in the trio that really orchestrated the music score for Youngstown, what they call the "board-of-control."  All three now will completely be replaced, the Mayor, Law Director and Finance Guru.  So far two are named and Bozanich will be on his way out.  In my opinion, Bozanich was needed to navigate a basically insolvent ship.  However, with the wealth of the Utica in Mahoning county and Youngstown,  as one of the largest mineral owners, is now a ship loaded with gold and only has to return to port.
Yes, I see 2014 with new leadership and Global investment into Youngstown as the ingredients for the City to truly be as the new Mayor has said, "The Jewel of Northeast Ohio."