News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Restaurant Evolution

Started by jay, December 27, 2013, 06:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I was there talking to Chistofer and Shawna, great people trying to make Youngstown better.  Chistofer worked as a cop with my wife's relative, old connections.
Standby for some exciting venues with the old tunnel.

joly1584

End of the Tunnel was the original bar in the City Centre One building when it was built in the mid 1970's.  Joe Huda ran it until he retired in 1998.  Martini's had the longest run in there since Joe retired.

Best of luck to Christopher's.  Haven't tried it yet, but have heard several good reviews about it.

jay

I thought Sherlock Holmes had been a previous name.  Thanks joly1584.

joly1584

Quote from: jay on December 30, 2013, 08:46:42 PM
Try this one

Name all the bars/eateries that occupied the current location of Christopher's?

End of the Tunnel(run by Joe Huda), Wade's Downtown(run by Wade Renner), Sherlock Holmes Pub(run by former sheriff Ed Nemeth), Martini's(run by Matt Sutton), End of the Tunnel(run by Joe Huda's nieces)

iwasthere

i had dinner at christopher's last nite and my tuummy had a smile on its face.

ytowner

BTW. You can most likely park at the City Centre One lot and request for a token if you eat at Christopher's Downtown as they are a tenant of the building. If you call in advance to double check, you should be in good shape.

iwasthere

end of the tunnel, sir richardson, martini's, back to end of the tunnel then christophers

jay

Try this one

Name all the bars/eateries that occupied the current location of Christopher's?

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on December 29, 2013, 12:21:06 PM
I believe you got them all.

Do you want to try another one?

sure. why not

jay

I believe you got them all.

Do you want to try another one?

iwasthere

woolworth five and dime, rite aid, rosetta stone, lemon grove, guys barbecue, knox bldg, martini bros.

jay

I was thinking about the name changes (and ownership changes) of downtown restaurants over the last few years.  Some have had so many name changes that I can't remember all of them.

Evolution Quiz

What were the previous names of the Martini Brothers location?