News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New coffee shop

Started by Billy Mumphrey, December 26, 2013, 07:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Mumphrey

Can you buy me a cup of coffee and a cookie? I'm a simple country lad down on his luck.

iwasthere

a place to have a good chat with fam and frds to solve the world's problems that makes the price of overpriced coffee and ovepriced cookies a non issue.

jay

One thing I found to be unusual is that the kitchen is up a flight of steps from the sales area.

Billy Mumphrey

I believe coffee is $1.00 and cookies are 35 cents....

Towntalk

What would those items costat theYogery Corner?

Billy Mumphrey

I went in today and found it a bit too expensive for my taste. $1.95 for a 12 oz. coffee and $1.25 for a cookie. I'll stick to the Yogurt Corner in 20 Federal Place. Their
prices are more reasonable.

AllanY2525

I think a little competition is good.  May the best coffee shop win!

:)

Towntalk

;D  I'll defer to your astute observations my friend, and thank you from the very depths of my being.  ;D
By the way, how were the prices?

jay

I tried the new coffee shop today.  It's sort of like having coffee in a steel mill.  ::)  In keeping with that appeal, maybe the coffee should have come in a Thermos and served in a plastic cup with a finger loop.

The selection of sandwiches and pastries were very limited.

Towntalk

Who was it that kept insisting that there were not too many restaurants downtown?
I'll bet that certain people would dance for joy if it had locatedon the west side.
Three cheers for Mitch ... may his coffee shop prosper.

jay

Well, that's now three coffee shops in downtown Youngstown.  Is that too many for this market?

The shop inside 20 Federal hardly has any business as it is.

Towntalk

Three cheers for Mitch ... it's refreshing to see a new business on Federal Street that isn't a booze parlor ... good fortune to you Mitch.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/dec/26/new-friends-aims-to-perk-up-downtown/

Billy Mumphrey

I read where Friends Roastry will open downtown this morning with coffee and rolls. Will there now be a coffee war with Joe Maxx?