News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Turning Technologies"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, December 09, 2013, 02:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Ron, we are in agreement on the non-profit s.  I was talking about Turning Technologies,  however.

Youngstownshrimp

Alan,
Yes, we all want what is good for our community and many serve it.  However, tough love is that we make a stand against those who create fake nonprofits solely for their and their associates gain.

AllanY2525

I am keeping my fingers crossed regarding the distribution warehouse that Turning
Tech said they would locate in Youngstown, as should we all.  The delay may be
due to the logistics of the acquisition of their former competitor.

The company I worked for bought many, many other companies during my tenure
and there was always a transition after each deal closed.   Redundant positions
have to be identified and eliminated, real estate transactions taken care of,
financial matters finalized, etc.

This might be why they have not moved forward on the warehouse yet......

iwasthere

one must take ex disgruanted employees's compliments with an open mind, some truths and some not true. i worked at a local bakery for thirty yrs durning those yrs i heard the bakery was going to closed and leave the mah valley. quess what? the bakery is still in the mv and this plant is hiring workers to pay for my pension and other former employees. ;D  the sky is not falling.

AllanY2525

As a former I.T. employee of 17 years, I watched the company I worked for go from just
a startup with 115 employees, to a global corporation with over 20,000 employees .  The
complaints posted by those anonymous employees are not unusual in this type of
business, and don't necessarily mean the company is failing.

It does sound like they need to treat their sales staff better, and listen to their input
and their suggestions regarding the company's products.  Sales staff are the face of
the company, as well as its eyes and ears with their customers.

I know someone who works for Turning Technologies....maybe I should ask him (off
the record) how things are going at the company......

Youngstown has seen more than its fair share of "pipe dream" business ideas,
from blimp factories to Avanti dealerships, but time will tell as far as the NAMII
center (now renamed "America Makes"....)

Youngstown is a good location for several reasons:

1) The area has a long history of manufacturing, skilled laborers
2) YSU and everything it has to offer
3) Low cost of living in the area, low cost of real estate.
4) Youngstown's location halfway from Chicago to New York,
and halfway from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.

Towntalk

Personally I thought it was too good to be true in the first place just as with that 3D company on West Boardman Street. Why would any high tech company worth it's salt want to set up shop here when there are better resources for them in Washington and California not to mention Texas?

As with other "too good to be true" projects that came to town, the Vindicator overhyped these businesses, but then just look at their history. Shoot, when "Black Monday" hit town, their business/industry "expert" was caught with his pants down even though there were strong indicators that it was about to happen. Since then, the paper front paged every plan that came to town as the grand salvation for Youngstown, not just for one day, but for several days before the stories went to page one, section 2.

Youngstownshrimp

TT,  All I know is what I wrote.  This maybe inaccurate, but my source is very professional.  I always felt that fake non-profits ultimately fail.  Once I learned that YBI sucks up a ton of public funds and private grants, not surviving on their own, I became suspicious of Pork.
Alan, very good information on internal feeling of the company instead of all this fanfare Costler keeps bloviating.

AllanY2525

Some anonymous reviews of Turning Technologies, posted by people who
have worked there, or presently working there.....

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Turning-Technologies-Reviews-E333570.htm

Towntalk

Turning just acquired eInstruction in August and was suppose to bring the company's warehouse jobs to the valley so what happened since August 8th?

Youngstownshrimp

Another Kibbitz, hearing that Tech people are fleeing Turning Technologies, their sales have plummeted and the new investor may take the office out of YTown.