News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Sweatshop

Started by jay, August 22, 2013, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

City Council authorized the Board of Control to hire a contractor to replace the chiller at 20 Federal Place.   The project cost is expected to be around $1,300,000.

jay

The chiller for the bottom floors of the building has to be replaced.  The city is seeking a firm to prepare bidding documents for replacement of the chiller.

stewie

I heard that the city brought in over 40 portable units in throughout the entire building!

iwasthere

joly1584

I heard they are replacing a 60 year old compressor, which is not easy nor cheap.  In August 2012 the 60 year old compressor in th Ohio One Bldg "died" and it took until spring for Mr. Mills to be able to replace it.  The big difference was -the first thing Mr. Mills did when the compressor died was he got window a/c units for all of the tenants in the building.  I know there aren't any windows in the food court, but there are stand alone room a/c units that would help.

jay

The word at the Food Court is that the air conditioning won't be fixed until next spring.   :'(

A huge pedestal fan has been placed near the coffee shop.  It's strong enough to blow the wigs off some peoples' heads.

kenneyjoe330

;D Well one way to get the air conditioning and proper ventilation back would be for the "eateries" and others affected would be to put their rent in escrow until it comes back on  :laugh: I would also have a little ceremony and invite the Media  :o with a little "free" food for them - they would have a very good article in the Vindy and Radio and TV. ;D

Billy Mumphrey

I know a few folks who are now taking their lunch business to establishments with AC.

jay

The air conditioning still is not working in the Food Court area.  Eateries are losing business.  Customers would rather eat outside than in the muggy Food Court.

northside lurker

The additional heat is also putting extra strain on the eateries' refrigeration equipment.  I was told that Pizza Joes already had a refrigerator/cooler quit, and had to bring in someone to repair it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The air conditioning has been out for several days now at 20 Federal Place.  Customers at the Food Court are complaining.  Ground floor restaurants and their employees are working in 85+ degree temperatures.

:-\ :(

People working for the subsidized we-can't-walk-two-blocks-to-work business do have working air conditioning.
:-X