News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Is Youngstown Having A National Night Out Event This Year?

Started by jay, August 05, 2013, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I'm all for moving this event to another side of town next year.  After all, if northsiders won't come to a event in their own area they probably won't come to an event held anywhere else.

kenneyjoe330

Well My Dear iwasthere NOT - Why don't YOU grab the handle and steer the ship to the 7TH WARD Area where there are quite a few places to "hold" such a wonderful 'community event' for Everyone to have a good time!

Speaking of such an event - Why wasn't it EVER held on the top of the town - that would of course be the WEST side  ??? It seems that THEY could use some "sharing the fun" for such an event.  Not that they do not have a number of places to hold the event.

IF you remember "it" was held at Homestead Park at least twice! ! !

iwasthere

why is nno on the ns at wick pk? this event must rotate on all four sides of town.

jay

This one event was designed to show the unity of the block watches. It's too bad the Blvd. Block Watch wouldn't drive to the north side this year.

iwasthere

the blvd pk bw has in the past two yrs had their bw picnic on the same nite as nnlo. the reality is that the blvd pk would come to a picnic on this that is close to home then dr to another side of town. nno is to be held on a different side of town each yr, not the same place every yr.

jay

Someone told me the Handles neighborhood group had an event that same evening.

kenneyjoe330

Sorry- Jay - Unlike most Wards "The South Side" encompasses two (2) Wards  :o and like two people they are different.  Could you please be so kind as to narrow down as to which block watches held "their own" event in kind of which ward ?  Thank You !

Now that you mention it - I don't think I saw anyone from the Idora Neighborhood - might you be referring to those in the 6Th Ward?  I know of no such 'events' here in ol'7

jay

If the past, National Night Out was to unite the community by bringing all the block watches together.  The block watches have the rest of the year to do their own thing.

Towntalk

Isn't that a good thing ... getting folks active in their own neighborhoods?

jay

I've heard that several south side block watches opted to hold their own events.

kenneyjoe330

I was very impressed with the burbs and the 'write ups' the Vindy gave them - Good for Them ! ! !

kenneyjoe330

I have a feeling that this "ball" was picked up by Victoria Allen at the last minute and she did what she could.. When Annie Hall put the event on she was "working things out" for next year before the sun set that day  :laugh:  and she devoted a lot of time toward the event all year - it was truly "Her Thing"  :-*  God Bless Her ! ! !

Billy Mumphrey

Another parade, another no-show by the Mayor. What gives?

jay

I made a visit to Youngstown's National Night Out event on the north side yesterday afternoon.  Only about 60 people attended.  Hundreds attended on previous years.   Where were all the north side residents???

Why?Town