News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What's Up With The Lemon Grove

Started by jay, April 23, 2013, 05:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Lemon Grove is a known liberal hangout, and we all know that liberals don't have any money.

Towntalk

Restaurant's come ... restaurant's go ... that's the nature of the business ... and when there's nothing exceptional about a restaurant then it goes down faster than others. Maby Jacob would be wise to move his restaurant to the West Side say into the Wonder Bread building.

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstown has a vast history of the failures of subsidized businesses.  The Grove is an example of the occupier and left bent fad fading fast to be replaced by the youth of the energy future.  The youth that followed the occupier mentality now see it as a failure and is seeing the light that the energy industry is bringing forth.  The strongest entity in Youngstown today is Gatta and you can see the private sector gravitating to V2.  Watch out for the collapse of the high profile developer DT, the debt cannot be carried.
Once the FrackFree hipsters are evicted from Youngstown we will see energy dollars pouring into businesses downtown.

Billy Mumphrey

Here's a copy of Guy's current menu. Other than salads, I see no veggie dishes.

http://www.guysbbq.com/bbq-sauce/restaurant-menu

Billy Mumphrey

I guess Jacob "over expanded" like the Café Cimento. I guess he thought if he doubled his space he would double his crowds. Was not the plan to use the 2nd floor space for party gatherings and meetings? Can the "arts" and bar-b-q co-exist?

jay

For me, the previous location of the Lemon Grove was much better.

Billy Mumphrey

Here's the update:  http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/apr/25/guys-moves-into-the-grove/
Seems like Jacob needs this merger to save the Grove. If I'm reading this correctly, Guy will operate the food, service, and bar while Jacob only books bands and "the gallery" in the Grove, yet they'll split the revenues? Interesting.

jay

Will there still be vegetarian items on the menu?

Billy Mumphrey

I heard a rumor the wait staff quit and so did the restaurant manager. Latest word on the street is that something called Guy's Bar-B-Q is taking over the kitchen at the Lemon Grove.

northside lurker

Not that this helps much, but from their Facebook page:

QuoteWe will be holding scaled back hours this week as we prepare for A BIG Lemon shakeup! Today open at 5pm for Blue Line for a Cure Line Dancing. Monday 7pm for the The Sprouted Table Pop up kitchen. Tuesday 7pm for Trivia Night at The Lemon Grove. Wednesday 4pm for Lemonaoke: At the Lemon Grove, etc.
GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE Lemon Grove since Lemon Grove. This changes everything, again.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I walked past the Lemon Grove this afternoon.  The restaurant looked empty.  I tried the front door and it was locked.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?