News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Farmers' Market - Tuesday, July 24

Started by jay, July 22, 2012, 05:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Youngstownshrimp

Yes, and again we see the real farmers who bust their tails and have no government or any subsidy but trade in genuine agriculture.  And they completely understand that they must produce and their gain must be over the investment into the land.
I see the fake urban agriculturist running out of time and funding wherein they are scrambling into the suburbs for support and recognition.  I will do my job and spread the word of their ruse and......... they are helping me along the way.

Towntalk

You're absolutel right Ron. If one Amish farmer has success at the Poland Farmers' Market, word will quickly spread, and other Amish farmers will come ... produce ... eggs ... cheese ... dairy products and who knows what else.

Here's an example of what a real farmers' Market can become, and it's in nearby Hartville, Ohio

http://www.hartvillemarketplace.com/

Youngstownshrimp

Poland Farm Market

Yesterday was the third Saturday for the Poland Farm market behind the Poland library and from an initial six vendors, the market has expanded rapidly to fourteen vendors.  Several new vendors including Amish REAL farmers visited The Village Pantry requesting to become produce merchants at this new market.  All vendors have expressed extreme satisfaction and success and will be selling for the duration of this market.
Surprisingly, YNDC who are heavily subsidized and have offered no help whatsoever in my Shrimp Farming activity in Youngstown have staked their tent on my land that I volunteered and is the grounds for the Poland Farm Market.  I was told that when they couldn't sell one Saturday at the Wick Park market, they sold ALL their produce at the Poland market.  Again, the YNDC who turned their back on Shrimp Farming in Youngstown and who now have Novotny who is a paid employee trying to grow fish for YNDC after failing in a subsidized deconstruction project, using the new successful Poland Farm Market, to advance their nonprofit. 
Another good successful vendor is a young farmer who with her kids has been selling at the Wick Park market for three years.  She is very happy with her success at the Poland Farm Market.  She explained to me that it took her two years to reach the volume she now has in three weeks at the Poland Farm Market.  Remember folks, the Poland Farm Market has NO government subsidy whatsoever.
Now the Question for the Community Organizers,  Since the YNDC and MVOC who never helped and were negative for all these years against my Shimp Farm, Should they be evicted from the Poland Farm Market? 
I think so.....Kidd, Beniston, and Novotny never supported my back breaking defence of my farm in Youngstown and yet they suck on all subsidies and venues that inable them to perpetuate their secured jobs.
Ironic, I called Converse last year to sell my shrimp at Wick park and he ignored me.  Now vendors are telling me they are more successful at the Poland Farm Market and will or may discontinue selling in Youngstown and move to Poland, maybe this is the justice.   

jay

Downtown Farmers' Market

Corn, Maple Granola,
Baked Goods, Cucumbers, Squash, Greens,
  Plums and More

Tuesday, July 24
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

- Location -
Central Square
Market at West Federal
Downtown Youngstown