News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Councilman Swierz On The Radio - Friday, July 13

Started by jay, July 12, 2012, 08:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

irishbobcat

I heard that Vindy writer David Skolnick will be on the Louie Free show on 1540am this morning....(Wednesday)

kenneyjoe330

Sorry - it appears that we got away from the original topic.   I just learned today, from a very reliable source  8) that there is still time left for anyone who wishes to oppose John R. Swierz can do so by becoming a "write in" candidate  :laugh:  I can see the stampede to the O'l South Hospital now ;D Is that more in context with the topic  ???  Oh maybe I should say "they can go to a local radio talk show" too.  Better now ? ;)

kenneyjoe330

Although not very charitable but very truthful the term "well... stupid" sums it up quite will.  :laugh: You know one think I have learned is to vote in the evening.  I remember voting in the morning and then hearing some one I voted for did "What ! ! !"  Is related to "Who ? ? ?"  Hangs around "Them ! ! ! "  and was so sorry they got my vote. :'(  The other thing is something that Black People should consider is just because the person is "YOUR KIND"  does NOT make them a good elected official  ::) Daaaa  :o  I am not quite in agreement with the reading part but I bet not many of them can comprehend the results of their vote - that is true of probable most of our elected law makers from council people up and through Federal Representatives.   I have seem laws go though and are IMPLEMENTED in quite another manner.  It is like ordering a poached egg and the server comes out with two fried eggs and wonders what your problemo is  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stewie

The problem is that a vast majority of the voters are, well.... stupid. They keep voting for people over and over again. The don't take time to understand issues.  They, the CRC are restructuring our entiere local government that has been in place for over a Century and they want to leave it up to the "Voters"??? Alot of them can't even read. 

kenneyjoe330

Thanks for some most informative replies.  One thing we all certainly agree on is that a majority of voters appear not to be educated either about the issues or candidates  :o they vote for a name on the candidates or if they think they will get something out of the issue or levy.  But I also have been surprised sometimes that the votes have turned out for the better  :laugh: despite the ballot wording and confusion of the issue at hand.  "The People's Voice" is always heard at the polls (of course you must trust the board of elections  ::) ;D )(hummmmm).
I still have a problem with the DEMAND Issue.  I often wonder about people that have a "degree" from a liberal arts school/collage/university what have you - what were they doing in their sociology/physiology 101 classes.  Can't they see the the ALL OR NOTHING thing is a set up for failure ? ? ?   FAILURE ! ! !  It will NEVER go through ! ! !  NEVER ! ! ! I will ask again - when did/does RECOMENDATIONS become DEMANDS ? ? ? 
I understand there are a lot of people that want to take John R.'s place - and ALL of them have their own reasons for not opposing him and have chosen the OPTION of not running against him.  Is there still time for "write-in" candidates ? ? ?   I think most of those people feel John R. would be difficult to beat and consequently GAVE him another term.  It all stems back to educated and/or uneducated voters   :o ;D GOD BLESS THEM EACH AND EVERY ONE  :-* ESPECIALLY US  :-*

Towntalk

At this years Primary ... 29.62% county wide

Nov. 2011 ... 44.03% county wide

Primary 2011 ... 28.40 county wide

Nov. 2010 ... 48.09 county wide

Nov. 2009 ... 41.07 county wide

Nov. 2008 ... 72.31 county wide

Nov. 2007 ... 30.72 county wide

Directly from the Board of Elections

Towntalk

Past history.

Just because it's a presidential election doesn't say that the regestered city voters will mob the polling places or flood the BOE with absentee ballots.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on July 15, 2012, 10:36:54 AM
County wide ... yes

BUT

City wide ... no

Certainly no records will be broken in the city. Not even for a Presidential election.

Why do you say that?  There wasn't an increased turnout from city residents in 2008?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

County wide ... yes

BUT

City wide ... no

Certainly no records will be broken in the city. Not even for a Presidential election.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on July 14, 2012, 09:32:16 PM
I always vote absentee, and that is not the issue. As you very well, voter turnout at best is not the greatest, in fact its very poor, and lets face facts ... most of the folks that do vote couldn't give a pigeon's rump about the issues. particulairly 17 plus.

Don't forget, this will also be a presidential election.  So I imagine that voter turnout will be larger than usual.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I always vote absentee, and that is not the issue. As you very well, voter turnout at best is not the greatest, in fact its very poor, and lets face facts ... most of the folks that do vote couldn't give a pigeon's rump about the issues. particulairly 17 plus.

jay

If you feel there are too many issues on a ballot, just ask for and absentee ballot and you can take as much time as you need to fill it out in the convenience of your home.

iwasthere

the seventeen adm are not hard to understand. council is stalling on issues that are related to them on a financial basis. a previous comment reminded us, the blggers council did not think once to cut the ypd and yfd salaries but council is rethiking several times about thier pocketbook. their are several 7wcc members are going t run when swierz term is up. sweirz has not done anything to warrant a recall but the 7 wcc members have the right to know which ones he supports and does not support. the rec came from ytwn res on all sides. so te ytown res have the right to demand their voices are heard though these adms.   

Towntalk

Who decided that the charter needed amendments in the first place?

I agree that 17 is a little much, and it is indeed to expect all 17 to be on the next ballot. How on earth can the voters as a whole be properly educated on them all in such a short span of time?

And Jay, the vast majority of Youngstowners do not listen to the Louie Free Show, and while the WKBN talkers have vastly higher ratings, the greater percentage do not live in Youngstown.

As to public meetings to educate ... you'd be extremely lucky to get 5% of the regestered city voters to attend such meetings.

kenneyjoe330

This subject has been very interesting to me and tells me allot about group dynamics.
THINK ABOUT THIS:
Almighty GOD in His Infinite WISDOM gave us TEN COMMANDMENTS  :-*
Even reasonable people who do not believe would consider these laws as common sense laws and for the good of people .  We, without even thinking or knowing, brake some of them several times a day. :'(
NOW someone comes up with the idea that a committee of Thirteen (?) People should DEMAND their SEVENTEEN SEGGESTIONS be APPROVED by Seven People. :o :o :o :laugh:
Sounds like an UNREASONABLE Request and a set up for failure from the beginning.
Please STOP and think about this - COMMENTS WELCOME - How flawed is my logic??? ??? ??? ??? Help me out here folks - how far off course am I  :laugh: