News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Dead Flowers

Started by jay, July 10, 2012, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn

That's awful that those flowers are dead!!!    :(   --- I worked downtown for several yrs, and the co. i worked for was always involved in Streetscape since it's inception  ,,, I actually planted and weeded too . . ...and the flowers that were planted next to our bldg ea. year    were always maintained by someone , we don't know who exactlyl, but  - we 'thought' it was the streetscape committee.  We would chk on them  ea day we worked,   and they were always watered, weeded, and looked beautiful....it was a sort of rock / flower garden planted nxt to our bldg...... I can't believe they are letting these flowers die in the hot sun !!!!  Hopefully someone was told about this so the rest of the flowers won't be left to wither and die,  after all that work . 

jay

Maybe the Youngstown Fire Department watered the flowers when they came to the bank on Wednesday evening.   ;D

Towntalk

I'm a lonely little petunia in a flower bed, a flower bed, a wee flower bed
I'm a lonely little petunia in a flower bed
And need a little drink of water

Poor me; wee me sittin' in the noon day sun
Poor me; wee me will nobody think to care for me?

I'm a lonely little posy in a flower bed, dying for a nice cool drink.

Rick Rowlands

Having a bunch of people show up one day a year will not make much of a difference, but one person working everyday for a year will.

So not one person could commit to maintaining what all those people planted?

irishbobcat

plants need care and commitment.......may be this is something we are lacking in the 21st century......

jay

These flowers were planted outside a downtown Youngstown bank on the StreetScape planting day in early June.  The bank and/or its employees failed to maintain this small flower planting.

:P