News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Any News About A St. Patricks Day Parade

Started by jay, February 17, 2012, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Penguin,

I would rather have the parade on a Saturday so that downtown businesses could benefit. The Peace Race is on a Sunday when very few downtown businesses are open.

Parade Route
Start on East Federal at Andrews, travel on Federal all the way to Fifth, turn north on Fifth to West Commerce, and take Commerce Street back to the starting point.

Towntalk

???   :o I'm suprised that Jay would promote an event that takes people and money away from downtown Youngstown.  :o   ???

A tip of the glass to Downtown Youngstown.

penguinnick

I hope one day soon the St. Patrick's Day Parade will return downtown.  Having it in the suburbs does nothing for me.  If it were to return downtown, what day would you have it on (a Saturday, Sunday, day of) and what route would you take (for example go down Wick from 680 ramp to Federal, turn right onto Federal)?

jay

jay

I finally saw an announcement on TV. 

The St. Patricks Day Parade is Sunday, March 11.

jay

I may have missed it.  Has there been any news about a St. Patricks Day Parade this year?