News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Public Forum Meetings Of The Charter Review Commission

Started by jay, February 06, 2012, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

This is one proposal by a resident

Regular council meetings usually last between five and ten minutes.  There are only about 16 regular council meetings each year.  If a councilman fails to attend a council meeting, he/she should be docked 1/16 of the councilperson's salary.

jay

I definitely agree that any legislation must be published 3 or more days before coming up for a vote.  Also, citizens should not have to sign up to address council the week before the council meeting (especially when the citizens don't know what's on the legislative agenda).

Towntalk

Not that what I might say one way or the other matters, but I am for 2 year terms for City Council coupled with a two term limitation ... as for Mayor, two year terms with a limitation of three consecutive terms or 6 years total.

After a four year period Councilpersons could run again for a Council Seat. The same would apply to the Mayor.

Further, all proposed legislation MUST be published in full on the City website 72 hours or three days before coming up for a vote ... WITHOUT ANY EXCEPTIONS and in their final form.

Further the COMPLETE city budget must be published on the city website 72 hours before coming up for a vote.

jay

Tentative Dates for the Charter Review Commission to receive public comments

Tuesday, February 28, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Newport Branch Library

Wednesday, February 29, 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Main Library

Saturday, March 3, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
East Branch Library

West Side Location
To Be Announced