News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sidewalk Snow Removal Poll For Youngstown Residents

Started by jay, January 25, 2012, 06:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the City of Youngstown spend money for sidewalk snow removal?

Yes
3 (42.9%)
No
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 31, 2012, 06:21:48 AM

Towntalk

Is this poll rigged, I voted no but it showed me voting yes?

Towntalk

Speaking as an elderly senior citizen at the twilight of my life, it would be nice if I could go to the store without having to walk on the road because of snow on the sidewalk, and in point of face, a bad fall not only left me bloodied, but led to me having to retire from my laast job because of serious damaje to my knees.

Now to the poll question. The answer is no. What good would it be for just one side to be cleaned for those living on the other side, especially senior citizens? The city never does anything out of the goodness of its heart, and as with everything else it does, it would simply slap the costs on the property owners on both sides of the street, or to be more precise, on all the property owners in the city.

jay

Snow removal would be for sidewalks on major roadways and usually for only one side of the street.