News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Display Your Flag On Memorial Day

Started by jay, May 29, 2011, 07:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

NEVER FORGOTTEN --

sfc_oliver

Two things happened yesterday that I will remember forever.

My Grand Niece (9 years old) sang the Star Spangled Banner at our main ceremony, she was about half way through when she lost her place. The crowd started singing with her and she picked it back up. Such courage in one so young.

Several hours later 2 of us went back to the cemeteries to raise the flags back to full staff. To do this we took a boom box to play "To The Colors" while the flag is being lowered then raised back to full staff. As we drove up to the flagpole area at the township cemetery there was a family near a grave site maybe 20 to 25 feet from the flag pole. they stood by while we raised the flag and as we were walking away a lady said "Thank you, my Dad heard that." I looked at the marker and it was a Legionnaire whom had passed away just 6 weeks ago, and for whom we had done a funeral service for. His Daughters comment made it all worth it.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Thank You Veterans

- - - -

And For Some
May They Rest In Peace

jay

Memorial Day
Monday, May 30

Display Your Flag