News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Freeway Ramp Cleanup - Saturday, October 30

Started by jay, October 29, 2021, 05:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Due to the expected rain on Saturday, the freeway ramp cleanup has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 6.

jay

I believe there are six freeway ramps on the west side.  I'm not sure if the group will try to clean all of them on Saturday.

The rain date for this event is Saturday, November 6.

Why?Town

While cleaning up anything is a great idea, some questions come to mind:

Since West Side Bowl is a good mile up hill from that ramp and walking back up any hill is a pain in the butt after finishing a project, is WRTA going to offer free rides at least when the job is done? It's not like they can't afford to do that.

If no ride is offered, parking somewhere on the other side of 680 and crossing the bridge would be an easier walk. Heck, cleaning up what's on the bridge while walking up should be fairly easy and add a nice touch to the project. "Coasting" back down over the bridge afterwards would also be easier.

And I'm not trying to stop any improvements but is it legal to do anything on an interstate ramp? IIRC there's a sign that says "Pedestrians and Bicycles Prohibited"

jay

West Side 680 Freeway Ramp Cleanup

Saturday, October 30, 10:30 a.m.
Weather Permitting

- Meeting Location -
Parking Lot
West Side Bowl
Mahoning Avenue