News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Telephone Book Litter

Started by jay, November 26, 2020, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

People are kinda weird if not just lazy.

The other day I was walking the dog in our neighborhood and she decided to do a #2 about a dozen houses down the road. What the heck, I thought I had a bag to pick it up with. So we turned around to go home and get one when I saw an ear of indian corn, husk and all, beside an empty trash can. If the can wasn't blocking my view when we had walked by for the 5th time I would have known I didn't need to go home. i picked up that ear, tore off the husks and used that to clean up after my dog. The part I like the most about that is that because I didn't use a plastic bag, I tossed the whole thing into the closest storm sewer where it returns to nature.

Maybe the most recently mentioned phone book is there for the same reason, to clean up after a pet, or several dozen pets. FWIW, I'd probably sent whatever I used of that book back to nature too.

jay

A month has gone by now.  I noticed a telephone book is still on the driveway of one house.

Why?Town

For the number of puddles I saw that crossed into or across a few different roads, I wonder if any of the phone books you didn't see today floated away.

jay

Four days have passed and the telephone books are still on the driveways of several homes in my area.  It has been raining most of today.  I'm sure all those phone books are wet my now.

jay

I noticed that telephone books were "delivered" today in the Cornersburg area.

The person delivering the phone books must have thrown them like a frisbee from their car.

The books landed about 20 feet up the driveway.

Although the books were in a large baggie type plastic bag,  I'm sure water will leak in when it rains.

Telephone books were left at vacant houses too.