News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

All new school buildings are not needed

Started by D.A., April 28, 2004, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reggie

reggie mclendon

Quote from: Reggie Mclendon Yes all of thoses own school are out of the Twentys or Thirtieslink=board=ingen;num=1083183550;start=0#1 date=05/04/04 at 03:15:39:D :D Youngstown have closed many schools its was needed........Everyone of thoses schools should be replaced........We went from 6 high schools to 2.....It should have been only one but the folks on the westside wanted Chaney to remain open..........I was born and raised on the Northside........... a Tiger to my heart but now I live on the westside.......I can see their point now, one school will not do..................In my day we had SIX feeder schools for HAYES JR. HIGH but now it will be down to one, Im talking just from the northside..........ML King & Jefferson will closed after the school year........Hayes will close and THE NEW Rayen will become the New middle school or JR High......The story is the same all over town, only the westside remains the same

Reggie Mclendon

:D :D Youngstown have closed many schools its was needed........Everyone of thoses schools should be replaced........We went from 6 high schools to 2.....It should have been only one but the folks on the westside wanted Chaney to remain open..........I was born and raised on the Northside........... a Tiger to my heart but now I live on the westside.......I can see their point now, one school will not do..................In my day we had SIX feeder schools for HAYES JR. HIGH but now it will be down to one, Im talking just from the northside..........ML King & Jefferson will closed after the school year........Hayes will close and THE NEW Rayen will become the New middle school or JR High......The story is the same all over town, only the westside remains the same

D.A.

The Youngstown school system announced the layoff of nineteen teachers and many more were encouraged to retire.  If the pupil enrollment is continuing to decline, why is the school system building so many new school buildings?
Are all of these new school buildings really needed?  What is the projected enrollment five years from now and ten years from now?