News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Crumbling Wall is West Side Eyesore

Started by jay, February 01, 2006, 06:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Photo of work

jay

Today I observed some men working on this hillside.  They appeared to be cutting trees and brush from the area above the wall.

lulu12

I have lived in the Youngstown area since I was 6 yrs old. Now I am 44. The West side of Youngtown has gone down hill and should be fixed up, that wall is not the only eyesore on the west side, there are many other areas on the west side that once was very nice looking that no longer is. It is not just the west side, Downtown needs to be worked on also. You go downtown and you feel ashamed to show to out of town guests because of how badly it has become.
Anyhow I feel the wall would make that look much better.

ForumManager

If the wall is too expensive to reconstruct, perhaps a new facade of plywood or masonite panels   could be attached -- painted by students and/or other youth and community  groups saying welcome to the west side, Ytown etc.

Not a permanent fix, but could dress it up a bit.
It would also give people something to read when they are sitting at the light.

jay

At a recent meeting of west side residents and the Community Development Agency, citizens complained about the crumbling wall along S. Meridian Road near the Mahoning Plaza.  The deterioriating wall has been an eyesore for many years.  West side residents feel the replacement of the wall should be a high priority and will improve the visual appeal at this location.