News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning RiverFest - Saturday, June 6

Started by jay, June 01, 2015, 05:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Take the WRTA to the Mahoning RiverFest event.  All of the WRTA's fixed route buses stop at the Federal Station which is a short walk across the bridge from RiverFest.

Rick Rowlands

Before going to the Mahoning Riverfest, stop by the Youngstown Steel Heritage Open House which starts at 10 am. 

Towntalk

Every year I pay a visit to my hometown and one of it's downtown features is it's river side vista that features a park that extends the whole length of the downtown area, boat docks, park benches, and the like. Now admittedly the river there is wider and deeper than the Mahoning River and cleaner, but it could be used as an example for what we could do with our river if we only had the vision. For example, boating is allowed on the river and each year there are also river events. The only thing they do not allow is swimming.

Admittedly the advantage that the river back home has is the fact that on the one side the land is flat the whole length of the downtown area and to take advantage of that park benches have been set up, and in a number of places flower beds and bushes have been planted to further beautify the vista, and yes, everywhere you look, the grass has been mowed.

I would suggest that the people that support our river take a ride over there to get some ideas that they can bring back to use with our river.

jay

Mahoning RiverFest

Saturday, June 6
12:00 Noon - 5:00 p.m.
for displays, rides, vendors, etc.   

5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
for on-site outdoor concert

- Location -
B&O Station Riverfront Park
Mahoning Avenue
Downtown Youngstown