News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side 5K Run - Saturday, September 21

Started by jay, September 20, 2013, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

joly1584

The facebook page said they had 70 runners signed up @ last Tues.  There was also a 1 mile walk and a children's run.  I would guess at least 100 went by our house, but not 700!

jay

That's an interesting course.  It has a lot of up hills and down hills.

How many people participated?  I noticed runners with numbers in the 300s and 700s.

joly1584

Here is a connection to the map on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4498726204931&set=gm.155348547984154&type=1&theater

Some of the other streets they will be running on include Dogwood, Gladwae, Rosewae, Coral Sea, Oran, Burma, Hermosa, Kirk and Nadyne.  The notice we received said the police will start closing these streets, including Schenley, as early as 4:30 pm.  All of these streets are accessible from Bears Den - a short section of Bears Den from Normandy to Hermosa will also be closed for runners.

jay

Is there a map of the race course?  I'd like to watch.

joly1584

Note - Schenley will be blocked off from St. Christine to Dogwood(near Volney Rogers Middle School) for this run. The runners will then run back to the church going through the neighborhoods - some side streets(all east of Schenley) will also be closed during this run.

The people putting this run together were kind enough to pass out notices last weekend letting people that live along the route that the streets will be closed for the run.  I will get to see the runners go up my street tomorrow.

jay

West Side Steeple Chase
5K Run

Saturday, September 21, 6:00 p.m.

- Location -
South Schenley at Canfield Road
Youngstown, Ohio