News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Historic landmark to be demolished

Started by Towntalk, January 12, 2010, 06:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

I would like to add the "Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company" sign that is at the top of the building to the Tod Engine Heritage Park, but knowing this City's government I would get nowhere so I didn't waste my time to ask. 

Why?Town

Not the Sheet a Tube office!!! Say it isn't so! Don't they realize that it's one of my earliest memories? Probably less than three years old, I remember smelling the "rotten eggs" and seeing that building and knowing we were just a couple of minutes from grandma's house. :'(

woozle

Do you think there may be anything of Historical significance that RR would like to have?? would any of our leaders help the guy??

AllanY2525

Penguins37

That is great news!  That building has been an eyesore for years and will go a long way towards improving the appearance of the property behind it.

Towntalk

The old Sheet and Tube office building on Martin Luther King Blvd. will be demolished at $630,000 to make room for V&M expansion.