News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rain Today?

Started by jay, July 24, 2018, 07:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

And my third time on the computer and checking the weather channel now showing today's chance of rain is at 90% and tomorrow down to 20%.

Why?Town

Well here I am eating lunch and looking at the weather channel, what do ya know?

6 hrs later we are down to only 20% for today but still calling for 40% tomorrow.

Only time will tell, because they sure can't.

Why?Town

Sorry you didn't get the rain like I did. I think my yard is starting to turn green already.

Now for my weather channel experience update:

Yesterday, when I posted, it was saying 20% every day for the next 4 days. Right now it's showing 40% today and tomorrow but still low for the following three days.

I'd say I'll update again when it changes but that could be 10 updates by dinner time..

jay

Yesterday it rained for about ten minutes at my place.  I drove about a half mile north and there was no evidence of rain there.

Last evening the skies to the east were very dark and I could see flashes of lightning in the clouds.  TV said the storms were in the New Castle area.

Why?Town

Well yesterday turned out pretty good.

I finished the painting and cut the yard for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks (most of it wasn't high but definitely shaggy) then some serious rain a couple times. 

I wonder if the weather channel is up to it's regular tricks. It tells me that the chance of precipitation is higher than usual over the next 48 hours while showing a 20% chance for each of the next 4 days. Is the typical chance around 10%? Hmmm...

Why?Town

Some more rain today wouldn't hurt.

Based on the weather Channel, who knows what will happen. They change their mind every hour or so, at least online.

An hour ago they were showing an 80% chance for today, with rain starting at 1:00 pm with a couple of hours in the afternoon and the end of the day without rain.

Now it's showing a 90% chance for today, with rain starting at 2:00 pm and going non stop through midnight at least.

I've got some touch up paint to do outside. If it won't rain until 2:00 pm it will be fine but I can just see me finishing around 10:00 this morning and checking the forecast to see it change to 100% chance during the 10:00 hour.

jay

Rain has been predicted for Youngstown for the last few days.  In my area, we hardly had enough rain to wet the pavement.  I've had to water my plants daily. 

Maybe today will be the day that rain finally arrives.