News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

iwasthere

Started by Towntalk, October 21, 2015, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Towntalk

And I would be HAPPY BEYOND ALL WORDS to select the music that would be played.

iwasthere

HEY DUDESS, THIS SUGGESTION IS GREAT I WILL TALK TO ONE OF THE BAND DIRECTORS THAT I KNOW IN THY YCS ABOUT THIS WORTHWHILE PROJECT. IT SEEMS VERY ATTAINABLE FOR THE YCS STUDENTS AND PARENTS TO DO THIS FOR A COMMUNITY PROJECT.

Towntalk

How does this sound Dude. The Youngstown Symphony and a couple of folks from Ballet Western Reserve meet with the children from that 7th Ward group and arrange for a benefit show that would raise money to buy supplies for the group, and arrange for a concert at Powers Auditorium. Six children would be coached to do the Can Can; and 6 couples would be taught to waltz. The other children would be coached to sing with the orchestra with the big song at the closing being sung by an adult with the corus of children singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Mid concert would consist of 2 Strauss Waltzes which the children in formals would dance to.

It would take time to work the concert out and train the children, but just think of the thrill of performing in a real concert hall, with a real orchestra, in a real concert.

Easy Street Productions works with children and do a Christmas show every year, so the sort of concert I am thinking about would not be out of the question.