News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown Is Back!"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 12, 2014, 07:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Maby I am a little wee bit harsh about Mr. Kidd. But then I tend to march to a different drummer.

AllanY2525

Anything that anyone is doing to promote, advance the cause of, or better Youngstown and
surrounding areas, has my vote.

Even if Phil Kidd is not the "second coming of Christ" to Youngstown, he DOES care - a LOT.
He does what he can to promote the city, get others to get up off their chairs and get involved,
etc.

NO, one "P.K." alone cannot and will not save the city - but activism can be contagious and
lots of activists CAN make a difference.

:D

Towntalk

Our next crop of City Council members

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk

Thanks Ron. I just know that so far as this city is concerned, given it's history all the way backto 1796, it was the private sector that made it the industrial giant that it became, not government, not protesters, but hard nosed people who rose out of nothing to become the giants that they became. I don't see any of that in today's crop of "leaders" and "psudo-leaders". As for Phil Kidd, I note that all the local media swears by him as does City Hall, viewing him as the second coming of those giants from the past and wonder when they are going to name a street in his honor, or change the name of one of our city parks to the 'Phil Kidd Memorial Park'.

Youngstownshrimp

Actually tt and allan, Iately while I'm working dt I visit kidd as one of my stops and we seem to have good conversation. I must say we both are getting wiser.  The private public sector must rise together.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on September 12, 2014, 07:51:08 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/business/an-energy-boom-lifts-the-heartland.html?emc=edit_tnt_20140908&nlid=64477120&tntemail0=y&_r=1

We're Back Folks!  Youngstown has made the front cover of the NY TIMES and it is not about depopulation or murder.  WE are the new industrial might of America again!

I couldn't agree more, Ron.....as far as the nay-sayers and the eternal pessimists go,  "TO HE** WITH THEM!!!"

iwasthere

Towntalk

iwasthere

Towntalk

The typical Youngstown naysayer

Towntalk

EDITOR'S NOTE: The New York Times would not give this much space to Youngstown, Ohio if it was just a fluff story, and if it was a page 1 story, regardless of where it appeared on the page the more significant it is. Unlike the small town papers, the NYT front page is for serious news only of national importance.

Towntalk

And it's coming from the private sector! Get out of our way City Council, and pardon our dust, there is hope for our future, and who knows, down the road we will be looking at a petition drive to revise our ward boundaries again and the current crop of activists will be as relevant as a ten year old phone book. One thing is certain, we can't credit PK and company for this.

Youngstownshrimp

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/business/an-energy-boom-lifts-the-heartland.html?emc=edit_tnt_20140908&nlid=64477120&tntemail0=y&_r=1

We're Back Folks!  Youngstown has made the front cover of the NY TIMES and it is not about depopulation or murder.  WE are the new industrial might of America again!