News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Council Pay

Started by Towntalk, October 07, 2012, 11:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In the future, I hope that we won't hear certain folks sing the praises of particular councilhacks just because of the off chance they (the councilhack) happened to do his/her/its job. That's what we pay them to do ... it's part of the job description. Can ya' dig it?

Charter panel not satisfied with ballot

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/oct/08/charter-panel-not-satisfied-with-ballot/

sfc_oliver

I would love to comment an expand on this, but since I don't live in the city any more; I'll just agree with most of you......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

Where do I sign before I vote with my feet and move out of this subsidized community?

irishbobcat

So if we reduced council's pay to say $1,000 a year, all these folks would quit? BRING IT ON!!!

iwasthere

tarpley must live with her stupid remarks.

iwasthere

tt it was political putons.

jay

In the article, Councilwoman Tarpley said "the more you pay an individual, the better the quality of work you get from them."

Many block watch and neighborhood association leaders do an excellent job with absolutely NO PAY.

Towntalk

What was the term Traficant used in reference to politicians that had to do with streets and red lightbulbs on front porches?

iwasthere

one profession educates with honesty while the other profession educates with deciet.

Towntalk

Same here! Time to show them that the voters are fed up with them, one and all and will see to it that they're not worth another term in office.

irishbobcat

They got a nice gig, too nice....hard to believe they earn more than most first year teachers.....a shame....

This might be the first blog I agree with Shrimp on......start the petition....time to slice the fatted calf....

Towntalk

NEVER EVER TRUST ANY POLITICIAN ... THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCEPTION BORN LIARS ... NO EXCEPTIONS ... EVEN AS THEY GIVE YOU THE GLAD HAND THEY ARE LOOKING FOR WAYS TO STAB YOU IN THE BACK ... THEY ARE VIPERS ... SNAKES IN THE GRASS WHO WOULD ROB, CHEAT OR STEAL TO STAY IN OFFICE.  LIKE VAMPIRES THEY TAKE THE LAST PENNY OUT OF YOUR POCKET THEN THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS. THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND IS POWER AND COLD HARD CASH.

Youngstownshrimp

Start a petition right here, right now.

Towntalk

It also said that the citizens could force it onto the ballot by collecting about 1800 names, or to be safe 2500 since council would go over the petitions with a fine tooth comb. They would also go over every single word on the petitions with a magnifying glass in order to find any word that could disqualify the petition, so we would have to have a lawyer draw the petitions up, and another independent lawyer review the petitions to make absolutely sure that every dot and tittle conformed to a righteous document.

jay

As the article stated, the Charter Review Commission made a recommendation to reduce the pay for councilmen to be in line with a wages of the average citizen of Youngstown.  City Council refused to move this pay issue to the ballot.

>:(