News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown’s Huge Population Decline

Started by Towntalk, March 10, 2011, 02:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

At 17.1%, Cleveland's population drop is nearly as significant as Youngstown's.  But if you look at this map: http://media.cleveland.com/metro/photo/10wg1acensusjpg-f6f521b5b0b769a5.jpg you can see that some of Cleveland's core neighborhoods are showing strong growth, which indicates that revitalization is beginning.  Unfortunately, I would be surprised if Youngstown has any neighborhoods like this, because the city continues to focus its energy on demolition. (downtown Ytown has improved greatly, but I don't think there are any significant population increases yet)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

This is so sad, The Mayor needs to come on this site and explain himself and his leadership.  Youngstown 2010 , the controlled shrinkage of the City,  shrinkage in our competitive edge.  What were the Mayor's and D'Avignon's qualifications to get their jobs?   Now it is Youngstown 2020, who will be the next inept leader to lead Youngstown down the path of growth and prosperity.  I think we need Phil Kidd or Dennis Spisak, they both have accomplishments behind their names.  Self-proclaimed accomplishments.

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 12, 2011, 07:29:14 AM
So if we truly want to save Youngstown and return it to a condition of being a place where the working and middle class want to live, that means that the parasites have to go.  Our only hope really is for a Republican administration to defund HUD and force the closure of many of the housing projects and discontinuance of the section 8 program. 

Call me skeptical.  How would this get done?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

irishbobcat

Shrimp, hmm, your view of life in the oil fields sounds vaguely familiar...has a fascist theme to it.....

Youngstownshrimp

Westside, we must never give up, when one falls it is a learning lesson when one gets up.  When you quit, you are merely another loser.

Rick, please be careful about the identification of subhumans.  Not to long ago an advance country categorized the cream of their society the same and destroyed themselves.  Yes they are savages, worse than animals but they are our brothers too.

What we must do now is require them to work in the oil fields.  The savages who do not work, we unleash the national guard on them and place them into work camps.  Those who continue to be unproductive, we shackle.

Rick Rowlands

We would shoot them first.  Quite literally!

I just don't see any other outcome for Youngstown.  If the decline of the productive class continues, then the parasites will soon take over and we will be left with a somewhat civilized downtown surrounded by a wasteland of public and section 8 housing, gangs and crime.  The parasites do not contribute to the city, they do not pay taxes yet consume a large amount of the city's resources.  Their presence makes the productive class feel unsafe to even drive through certain parts of town.

So if we truly want to save Youngstown and return it to a condition of being a place where the working and middle class want to live, that means that the parasites have to go.  Our only hope really is for a Republican administration to defund HUD and force the closure of many of the housing projects and discontinuance of the section 8 program. 

irishbobcat

Thanks Ricky for your compassion once again.....

can't wait for the subhumans to move into your backyard of Coalburg.....

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 11, 2011, 08:36:28 PM
In that case why bother trying to revive Youngstown.  What is the point if only the subhumans will be left in a couple of decades? 

Is that really the direction we want to go?  If so, let me know.  I'll give up my quest to buy and fix up a house on the north side, and start making plans to move out of the area ASAP.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

Debartolo once said, the country is the new downtown, Shrimp says the downtown is the new country, grow shrimp!

Rick Rowlands

In that case why bother trying to revive Youngstown.  What is the point if only the subhumans will be left in a couple of decades? 

AllanY2525

I would venture that the "productive class" are leaving - so they can be prosperous as well as productive elsewhere.

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 10, 2011, 10:23:41 PM
Who are leaving?  Productive citizens or the dependent class? 

Since the numbers are so high, I'd say both.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

The entitled I bet are experiencing a population explosion in the City.  Come to Youngstown, the landlord has to pay for your water and the machine that gets you houses, food, heat and medicine are humming at the speed of welfare for you.  Ya all come now.

Rick Rowlands

Who are leaving?  Productive citizens or the dependent class? 

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on March 10, 2011, 10:27:16 AM
Here's a reason.

Summer of 2000 there was a juvenile fight across the street from where i lived on the South Side.  I started across the street to break it up.

One of the Juveniles pulled out a gun and fired it in the air. There were children as young as 5 years old standing around.

I called the police, I told them about the gunfire and the kids name who had the gun. The kid left and took the gun home then came back.

When the police showed up they never asked about the gun.

My sister told me to drop it that he was "a good kid"

3 months later and a block away that same "good kid" killed 2 other "good' kids. With the same gun.

This is only one small incident that makes good people leave the city. But hey, that's just my own opinion.
sarge are you sure that happened on the southside because ytown police chiefs from the past to the present gone on record with ss residents and the vindy that there is no crimminal activity on the ss.