News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The H. K. Wick Mansion

Started by Towntalk, February 28, 2011, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Here's the answer as to where the H. K. Wick mansion was located from the Public Library:

The Answer:
The Mansion was located on Logan Avenue extension, according to the Youngstown City Directory, in the vicinity of the Youngstown Country Club. The mansion was built in 1911, and purchased by the Ursuline Sisters in 1944. It served as their Motherhouse until it was sold to developers in November 1963. The building was demolished in June 1964 and the land developed. The area now comprises several residential streets.

Information Services Dept.
Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County
305 Wick Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44503

Towntalk

I thought the H. K. Wick mansion was outside the current city limits which would place it in Trumbull County so I e-mailed the Library to get the adress.

The Lake Shore and Michigan RR (New York Central RR) ran north and the mansion could be seen by passing trains in the distence, so it must have sat on a hill.

Thanks for the comment Rushblvd it was helpful.

Rushblvd

The Coakley Mansion was on Logan and Ravine---I thought the wick estate owned property all the way up to Sampson Drive
Great article

Towntalk

Was it torn down?

The article ran in 1914 and at the time the mansion was outside the city limits on the North Side, and that leard to the question in terms of today's map, where would that have placed it. Note that it was off Logan Road.

AllanY2525

WOW..... Mind blowing is the phrase that comes to the forefront here..

When was the house torn down?

Towntalk