News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Warmer Temperatures, Good But ......

Started by jay, March 17, 2021, 06:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

"IF" is one of those words that can't be just tossed around, ;) so I tried to fix your post.  :D
I hope I got it right :laugh: and it doesn't make you angry. >:(

Quote from: jay on March 17, 2021, 06:51:42 AM
The forecasters are predicting warmer temperatures over the next few days.  We may even hit 70 degrees.

If The warmer temps cause fruit trees to start flowering,  This could be a disaster when we then have a frost in the weeks ahead.

Why would I do such a thing? ???
Because today is only March 17th, St. Patrick's Day!!  8)  And according to weather.gov the average last frost in Youngstown (probably the airport?) is May 18th. a full two months and one day from now.

Heck, on May 9th last year there was snow collecting on every car and covering many garage roofs in my neighborhood. I don't know IF we got frost that day but that's what prompted me to do the google and ended up finding that "last frost" info.  ;D

jay

The forecasters are predicting warmer temperatures over the next few days.  We may even hit 70 degrees.

The warmer temps may cause fruit trees to start flowering.  This could be a disaster if we then have a frost in the weeks ahead.