News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Trivia - Where is this located?

Started by jay, September 23, 2002, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenneyJoe

:) It sure "stands alone" doesn't it?  

Quite awhile ago - in my misty youth - I spent many a quite and reflective hour or so on top of the north steps - Mable Street side - contemplating life  ::) - it is a pretty nice view of the vally - day or night!  It could also be very romantic too  :o  I'll have to visit it soon and see if it has the same affect?  Or is it effect?  blushing.gif

jay

This photo shows the location of the mystery feature on the school building.

If the photo did not appear above, click on this link.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mahoningvalley/files/misc/bens.JPG

jay

Yes, the architectural feature is on the former Bennet School located on Cameron Avenue.

KenneyJoe

:)Thanks John - you saved me some gas $ although I could have walked there and lost an ounce or two  ;D !

John R. Swierz

The answer is !!!! Bennet School, now known as Taft.

John R. Swierz

jay

Is it in the 7th Ward? - Yes

Could it be the school at Indianola and Glenwood is it - Cleveland Elementary? - No

Small Hint - This feature is on the south side of the building.

KenneyJoe

:)Oh well - me oh my - another try?  Question?  Is it in the 7th Ward - or at the least east of Market Street - and at the very very least east of Hillman or Glenwood  :o?  Could it be the school at Indianola and Glenwood is it - Cleveland Elementary?

jay

Are you suggesting that this feature is on Wilson High School?  The feature is not on Wilson High School nor is it near the rhododendron planting.

Mary_Krupa

Ken:

I thought the same thing, so yes, I say near where we planted the rhododendron.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

KenneyJoe

:)Sorry I did not make it clearer in my riddled answer (and hint) from South (Ave) facing east - one block on the right and two blocks on the left - the street comes to an end.  There is an addition to a public building.  It is near where we planted the rhododendron.  Am I correct  :-/?

jay

If you are saying that the building is located on South Avenue, guess again.  It is not on South Avenue.

KenneyJoe

You know I love these and I think I know where this is - - - I do not want to give it away to anyone else that may want to guess so I will be right if these clues are too.  From South facing east - one on the right and two on the left - across the street and at the end and not too far from the rodaden  ::)

jay

Where Is This South Side Architectural Feature Located?
The image should appear below and may take a few moments to load

If the image did not appear, go to this image link
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mahoningvalley/files/misc/w8a.jpg