News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rush Blvd. and Midlothian

Started by jay, April 13, 2010, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

Trees planted on Euclid Blvd. Sat. (4/17) Next Sat. 4/24 @ 9:00 am on Rush Blvd
Thanks to the Wean Foundation and the Blvd. Park Block-Watch.
A special thanks to Councilman Swierz for getting us all coffee, it was a very cold morning..

iwasthere

take action but do not depend on the city's current administration to assist you or any area of ytown because the current climate in city hall attitude is that they do not care about the citizens in this town. the citizens must band together and take action to take back their neighborhoods and streets one at time by themselves. i am waiting for many programs to assist the neighborhoods to combat crime in ytown neighborhoods.

Rushblvd

I am over being disappointed .......I am taking ACTION

iwasthere

sorry to disappoint rushgal and jay there is no criminal activity on the southside esp in the st. Dominic's neighborhood according to police chief jimmy Hughes and jay Williams will tell the neighbors in the rush and midlothian blvd blockwatch area it is only a random act of violence among feisty teenagers.

jay

Don't even leave an empty bag in your car.  These criminals may think something of value is in it and won't find out otherwise until they break the window and grab the bag.

Rushblvd

Jay- We do have a very active block-watch. We try to patrol the area as best we can. It's unfortunate that this takes place but my guess its kids on bikes. Last night when I was coming home, I turned on Rush and noticed 2- teens on bikes riding down the middle of the street looking in cars. I did flash my high-beams to get there attention but they just went off to the side street. We tell our block-watch people all the time not to leave anything visible on the seats of the cars--or just park in the garage..

jay

It was reported on the TV news this evening that car windows were being broken and items stolen in the area of Rush Blvd. and E. Midlothian.  Are the block watches in that area able to provide any information about these crimes?