News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Neighborhood problems

Started by Mary_Krupa, February 10, 2008, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I hope your new councilman will do a much better job helping your neighborhood.

Mary_Krupa

I just wanted to give people an idea of some of the problems in our neighborhood. We get very little support from the city for our tax dollars. I feel like I am a city employee here, not the employer. I am sure the below problems are repeated in many areas of Youngstown.

12/28/07
•   3532 Neilson Avenue. Neighbors are complaining about trash, noise, bad attitude, too many people, etc.  The usual. And it's very bad. We think this is a Section 8 house but are not sure. I left a message with the Section 8 coordinator to verify this. Also, I left a message for the owner of record. One of the neighbors has repeatedly called the Councilman Memmer for help but he never returned her calls.

•   Bad sidewalks, not raking up leaves. I called Councilman Memmer about this earlier this year and when I saw him in person about a week after I informed him, he said that he hadn't gotten to it yet. The corner house at Irma and Pointview never rakes its leaves. The sewer is always clogged and the sidewalk and street are always wet and muddy. Can't walk on the sidewalk. What can be done about this? I believe this is a rental. This property shares a driveway with one of the drug dealers.

•   3512 and 3516 Neilson Avenue. The Housing & Demolition department told me on 05/24/07 that these are both on the demo list. On 08/02/07 they said only one can come down at a time. Both are still standing.

•   3612 Neilson Avenue—burned out house from last spring. The owner supposedly collected the insurance money on this. Not fixed. Why can't anyone do anything about this?

1/20/08
•   Last week, the storm took down a big limb from one of the trees. The neighbors never cleaned it up, i.e., the ones whose tree it is. Someone hauled it over to  the devilstrip in front of 3681 Neilson Avenue. Can the city remove it? What is the policy on this? Thanks for any help.

1/27/08
•   This is the address with the limbs on the devil strip. Also, more on the devil strip on the 2000 block of Pointview across from the same white corner house at Neilson and Pointview.  They just dragged the dead branches across the street from them and left them there.

2/06/08 Wednesday
•   1910 Pointview has a trash can out front, 1924 Pointview has some trash on the devilstrip and 2025 has a cabinet on the devilstrip. Can you help? Trash pick up day is Monday.

2/09/08 Saturday
•   1920 Pointview—abandoned house. Someone just pulled off the side door and it is now open to weather, vandalism, etc.

•   1924 Pointview—they still have trash on the devilstrip. We sent them a block watch ordinance flyer and also informed you about them earlier this week on. Were you able to speak to them?

•   2005 & 2009 Pointview—water is still accumulating on the sidewalk and street gutter. Cannot walk there because of this. I mentioned this to you once before. No one rakes the leaves.

•   2033 Pointview—We spent an hour today cleaning up the devilstrip. This is the empty lot from which you had the Parks department remove the tree limb. We left 8 bags of trash out there for pickup (from one small devilstrip!!!). I left a message on the Litter Control department's cell phone so that they can pick this up.

•   2035 Pointview—two weeks ago,  they had a dirty strip of carpeting out there all week. This was picked up by the trash pickup, surprisingly. This past week including right now, they have a big lounge chair cushion out there. On Friday, 02/08/08, I spoke to the landlord, XXXX, and told him about the ordinance. I informed him when trash day was. He did not know. He said he would take care of it. This was on Friday but the stuff is still there. He must own at least 15 properties in this area—see the auditor's website. I also spoke to one of the tenants today and informed him of the ordinance. I am planning to mail our block watch flyer to both of them. Also, you can't walk on the sidewalk because it's all muddy and broken up.

•   3620 Neilson—stuck a large sofa out on the devilstrip today, Saturday, 02/09/08. Trash pick up day is Monday.

•   3635 Neilson—they put out a bunch of packing materials on the devilstrip on Friday. This has blown all over the place. I cleaned part of it up but there still is more. Trash pick up day is Monday.

•   3685 Neilson--the workers who fixed the manhole threw the broken up concrete onto this yard as well as left some on Pointview. Also, the owner needs some advice on the corner tree. He said a tree cutting company that he talked to won't touch the tree because of the power lines. How can he get this tree down or trimmed?

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."