News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Backyard Fireworks

Started by jay, June 10, 2010, 06:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt06

My back neighbors shoot off fireworks each year.Atleast it is only 1 or 2 nights,but very annoying to get the spent fireworks out of the pool or off the roof.

irishbobcat

Either legalize them or get off the streets....I have alreay heard them in my neighborhood this week...and it's only June 10th!

Glenna

Not a big fan of backyard fireworks myself. I will have to buy tranquilizers for the dog. I realized there is not much I can do about it. I would like people to consider others when they set them off late at night. But I know that will not happen. Some people do have to go to work.Thankfully I have central air and can close the windows for some of the noise.  A few years ago with a different dog- we were walking and some idiots (gown male adults) threw them on the sidewalk close to where we were. Personally I do not know how some people afford so many of the fireworks. I kinda of like the pretty fireworks but hate the plain noise makers. I also do not like having to clean up my property but I do it. Maybe one of these days I will get enough nerve to sweep everything up and throw into the yards that actually do the fireworks.

Rick Rowlands

Who is this Jay fellow?  He sounds to me to be a grumpy old man, who has nothing better to do than wander around town griping about so called crowded sidewalks, satellite dishes too close to property lines, fireworks, beer bottles, leaky fire hydrants, high grass and whatever else he can find.  Yet not once has he ever said, "I saw a problem, and I took care of it".   Would he pick up litter? No, but he'll take a picture of it and post it here!   You have no credibility with me any more!

jay

I just received a 36-page fireworks catalog in the mail.  I did not ask for the catalog.

Backyard fireworks are a problem.
They create excessive noise and scare pets.
They create air pollution.
They create litter.
They are dangerous.
They are mostly made in china.