News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Prosecuters Office

Started by sfc_oliver, March 18, 2010, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Well surprise. Judge Kirchbaum would not accept this young ladies Guilty plea because she also argued that she was innocent and had done nothing wrong. So instead of sentencing today, he permitted her to change her plea to not guilty. I still don't understand how the Coroner can rule homicide and she is charged with patient abuse. But here it is nearly a year after the "incident" and we are back to square one.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

sfc_oliver

Well, almost over anyway. My brothers and Sister have asked  me to speak for the family prior to sentencing. So I will read a prepared statement in the court room before Judge Kirchbaum gives sentence. I have it writen already and some lawyers in a national forum I write in have read it and told me not to change a thing. So we wait patiently for 2 months.......

iwasthere

sarge you had your day in court with this uncaring person. now you can on with your life knowing that justice was served. i hope the judge fits the time with the crime.

sfc_oliver

sfc_oliver

Judge Krichbaum is the presiding Judge. I think they said Court room 3....

iwasthere

what courtroom is the pretrial set?

sfc_oliver

Spoke with the Prosecutor today (face to face) and I guess I can say more now.

The Incident happened in Bordman at Santeri on 224.

Dad was healthy but was in a mid stage of Alzheimer's.  He wanted his newspapers and was banging on the kitchen door. One of the aides held the door closed for a few moments then threw it open and pinned him behind the door. ( he had bruises on top of his toes and on his elbow) At this point we have one witness who may have seen this "young lady" raise her hand to strike him. He fell and broke his Hip.

That was 30 July he underwent Hip replacement surgery and did not come out of the anesthesia well.  to make a long story short, Since he had a living will with a DNR clause. we ended up moving him to a Hospice where he started to improve. So we moved him to RonJoy where he developed a Blood clot (From a central line installed at the ICU) and on 20 Aug passed away.

Anyway the aide was immediately fired and has been indited for Abuse of a patient. Prosecutors could not link his death directly to her actions. I do not understand that completely, But I have to trust they know what they are doing.

Pretrial 1 Apr.............

sfc_oliver

I would rather not right now. I can assure you that the person is no longer employed and was actually off the clock when this happened. We were going to start a civil suit but for now that has been put on hold.

The names will have to be withheld until after the case is in court. At least I am guessing that is best.

iwasthere

can you name the nursing home? so, we can be aware of their abusive behavior towards our elderly.

AllanY2525

sfc_oliver,

You have my sincere condolences for your loss.  I hope they get
to the bottom of things and that the responsible person(s) are
held accountable for their actions.

sfc_oliver

The incident happened at a nursing home in Bordman. I can't go into details right now but he died as of the result of another persons actions. He was basically knocked down, broke his hip and died of complications about 2 1/2 maybe 3 weeks later.

iwasthere

sarge where was father murdered?

sfc_oliver

Squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Prosecutors office just called and set up a meeting with us.

Small miracles do still happen.

Why?Town

sfc_oliver

Just wondering, does the Prosecutors Office have a policy to forbid them from returning Phone calls?

Briefly because this is an open case:

My father died last August, the week before Christmas the coroner finally ruled it homicide. I have been attempting to get information from the prosecutors office ever since.

I have left countless voice mails and messages, and not once have they returned my calls.

Do I need to camp out in their office?