News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

My Concerns with this "MVOC"

Started by ytowner, March 09, 2010, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i went onto the website. it was bias.

irishbobcat

sfc_oliver

Dennis, the Idea is to stop calling other people names.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Rick, again, how SLOW are you? I no longer debate ignorant people like yourself?

ForumManager

Someone sent me this link as a private message.
http://foxtrot-youngstownsucks.blogspot.com
I don't understand how it is similar to a discussion forum.
There is one person writing a blog and no comments that I can see.
I must be missing something. 

What a lovely site! Let's promote Youngstown!

youngstownfire.com has really great discussion boards but also subject specific. 

woozle

Quote from: westsider on March 24, 2010, 07:55:22 PM
What, the foul language, or the moderation of it?  I'm more likely to stay, and I know others are likely to join, if the foul language and name calling are cut out.

All of the above... 

Where are these better boards? (seriously)  I don't know of any Youngstown/Mahoning Valley boards better than this one.

I did not specify what boards, Just better boards. it's up to each individual to find a board that suits him or her, I have made friends all over the world and trust me people, What I have seen happen to this place in the last five months, This place is just another internet cesspool...

ForumManager

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 28, 2010, 12:28:02 PM
I run a discussion board called the Steel Industry Forum at www.steelheritage.org but its not a "local interest only" board.

Thanks - I will add it to the discussion board  list.  I remember you've mentioned it before but must have missed the link.

Rick Rowlands

I run a discussion board called the Steel Industry Forum at www.steelheritage.org but its not a "local interest only" board.

ForumManager

Where are these better boards? (seriously)  I don't know of any Youngstown/Mahoning Valley boards better than this one.

I'd like to know about other local boards too so I can add the links to the discussion category in the directory.

Rick Rowlands

What will Dennis do now to occupy his time if he can't post thirty derogatory comments a day?

Oh thats right, Vindy.com!  What is your screen name over there Dennis?  Mine is ytownsteelman.

ForumManager

This thread was reported to me. I attempted  to specify which parts of the thread were inappropriate just in case people don''t realize they are out of line. Have I ever done it before?  NO  Not in the MANY years this forum has been online.   

See this post.
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=7835.msg24677#msg24677

I don't want to delete or ban anyone.  I am also for free speech. - Well - we've deleted a few of the people that post nonsense  to advertise links to drug sites... but if you are a member of the local community or have local ties and come here for discussion I don't care if you are red, blue, green, black, rainbow  or grey.  I DO care that I am pulled into what I feel are sophomoric name calling sessions that do nothing more than waste bandwidth and hosting space. 

And please be reminded we are still on the crazy fundamentalist Utah server  that can and HAS  shut me down in a heartbeat for swear words that appear on the forum.  I just have not had the energy, time or money to move all the sites elsewhere.

Please  again I remind folks -
No foul language, no name calling, no slander/gossip - if you didn't see it or hear it yourself don't spread it ... this is a FAMILY forum.

If you want to bash each other please go to Vindy.com.  You can even bash each other there and post a link to the bashing here so you don't have to type it twice.

I promise I will install an IGNORE feature when I get a chance.

Why?Town

I also wanted to comment on the Forum Manger's post.

I've been on several forums over the years. I've seen inappropriate posts edited and sometimes deleted. I've seen members banned for continuous misbehaviours, and one forum won't think twice about completely deleting every post you've ever made when you get bannned (quite stupid and childish IMO), but I've never seen all the inappropriate passages collected and quoted.

Not judging, good or bad, right or wrong, just got a chuckle out of it.

Why?Town

From a "freedom of speech" point of view, just about anything is fine.

From a "what kind of person is speaking" point of view, the condesending nature of some posts is also fine. It lets us know exactly what kind of person is speaking.

ytowner

What, the foul language, or the moderation of it?  I'm more likely to stay, and I know others are likely to join, if the foul language and name calling are cut out.

LMAO. Woozle needs to toughen up a bit. In America, you have the freedom of speech, therefore shrimp's comments are fine. If you disagree with them that is fine, but no need to make such a big fuss about it.