News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

ATTENTION HUNTERS

Started by JoyceFarrell, June 22, 2018, 06:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Coyotes look a whole lot like a dog. Hopefully the hunter can tell the difference before taking a shot. This shouldn't be a problem where poodles and wiener dogs are concerned. :P

Well I looked it up on Google and here's some interesting info:

Wolves (canis lupus), coyotes (canis latrans), and domestic dogs (canis familiaris) are closely-related species. ... Coyotes, however can be distinguished from wolves and dogs through DNA analysis. Scientists can identify a coywolf from a coyote and a wolf, and a coydog from a coyote and a dog.

So three different animals are closely related, a DNA test is needed to tell them apart(?), and they can breed together. I'm still not worried about the poodles and wiener dogs

JoyceFarrell

A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

Coyote Hunting When can I hunt coyotes? During most of the year coyotes may be hunted with only a general license, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, during any open big game season, you will need to be lawful to hunt the appropriate big game or have a fur taker's license.

JoyceFarrell

HERE IN OHIO COYOTE HUNTING IS ALLOWED ALL YEAR. ALL HUNTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO WATCH FOR THEM AND KILL THEM.