News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Christmas Gift Question

Started by Towntalk, November 20, 2012, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i agree with ws about buying from a local computer store in which they can help you bld one from grd zero. they can answer your question over the ph without going through customer service that has a service call ctr in india.

northside lurker

I used to be pretty computer savvy, because the programs I used required powerful, high-end equipment. (PC based)  But, in the intervening years, computers got exponentially more powerful, and I no longer use (at home, anyway) the programs that require the powerful computers.  So, just about any cheap, off the shelf computer will do for me.

If I'm looking for a new computer, I usually go to Dell's website first.  Not because they are the best, but because they are the best big name, (IMO) and it's easy to "build" and order a computer from them.  But, you could probably go to a local, mom and pop computer store, and get a better system for about the same price.

The best, most reliable computer I ever had, was my first computer which was custom built by a local (Massillon, not Youngstown) computer store.  The only reason I don't shop local now is because online is easier, and it's delivered to my office.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

If you were to purchase a new computer as a Christmas gift, what is your idea of the perfect unit to buy?