News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mapping Murder

Started by Towntalk, October 31, 2012, 12:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I guess that there just isn't the interest on the part of our Warren brethern ... their loss.

jay

The Forum does have a place for posting news about Warren, Ohio.  The Forum Manager has offered a category for Warren news if there is enough interest.

QuoteOutside the Youngstown City Limits
To discuss issues related to Boardman, Austintown, Canfield, Poland, Liberty, Niles, Girard, Warren, Struthers, Campbell, Lowelville. If you feel a town gets enough discussion to have its own category, let the forum manager know. It will be added.

Towntalk

What's your proof? With all the regestered members here, I find it hard to believe that there are no members from Warren. Perhaps if we placed a Warren category here we might find that there are Warrenites as members. After all by virtue of the sites name "mahoningvalley.info" it would be appropriate.

Towntalk

So lets just write Youngstown off ... TOO VIOLENT for any decent self respecting family or business to move into. Perhaps the very few self respecting folks that do live here should just pack up our families and move out of Youngstown and leave the city to the criminal elements. Let Youngstown become another Detroit of Philidelphia and take all our business to the suburbs. Vote down all city improvements, refuse to support any and all things Youngstown, until we can have the means to move to safer climes. Apparently few folks are seriously interested in promoting the good side of Youngstown, so there must be nothing good about the city.

jay

I don't believe anyone from Warren, Ohio, is an active member of the Forum.

northside lurker

I'm not sure if the person who makes the maps is a member here.  And, Warren doesn't have quite the same stigma attached to it that Youngstown does.  In summary, I tend to agree with your point, but don't know if the person responsible for making the map will see it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

If certain people are going to map all the killings in Youngstown, out of fairness and human decency, they should also map all the killings in the valley since this website represents the whole valley and not just Youngstown. Example: Warren is well within our sphere of discussion yet we find no information about all the killings there. There have been numerous TV news reports of the violence in Warren, yet these mappers close their eyes to those reports, leaving the occassional visitor to this site with the opinion that murders occure only in Youngstown.